Scan Library custom fixture

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

69morpho
Junior Forumor

Scan Library custom fixture

Post by 69morpho »

Hi all,

I have a large amount of RGB fixtures with an uneven white balance. Some fixtures have a perfect "cold" white when all 3 DMX channels are at 255. Some are a bit pink, some are a bit blue-ish.

I thought about creating custom fixtures with the ScanLibrary Editor to have 3 preset fixtures:
(1) perfect white - the "old" generic RGB fixture
(2) pink-to-white - fixtures that are pink should have their max RED value at let's say 200 instead of 255
(3) blue-to-white - fixtures that are blue-ish should have their max BLUE value at 200 instead of 255

I've played around with the fixture editor quite a lot, e.g. making a 3 color fixture from the scratch and trying out all kinds of parameters. I've adjusted the color preset slider and tried different values and settings but all it seems to do is to change the representation of the color on the computer screen but not on the actual light fixture.

How can I create a custom fixture that changes how the fixture interprets the actual DMX signal e.g. when I program a channel with DMX value from 0-255 the fixture automatically interprets those values to 0-127, basically only using half the brightness.

This would allow me to get a precise gamma curve for each fixture.

Thanks for your help!

Erwin
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Scan Library custom fixture

Post by simonB »

it's not possible to make dimming curves with the library editor, however this is something we're looking to make soon. For now, if you're using Suite2, you can create a set of palettes for your preferred colors. Use the 'palette per fixture type'. After you've pre-programmed your show, if you turn up on site and realise that some lights look a bit different to others, you can just adjust the palettes and everything else will be updated automatically
Simon
--
Sales/Support
gabrielefx
Junior Forumor

Re: Scan Library custom fixture

Post by gabrielefx »

LUT for Sunlite?

cool!