Suite2 Beta 5th September issues

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

cbabbman
Junior Forumor

Suite2 Beta 5th September issues

Post by cbabbman »

A few things I've noticed with this beta.. details follow the list

1 - Pan Tilt Settings for fixtures are being reset to defaults randomly
2 - Fixture Window - Positioning of fixtures is reset to defaults randomly
3 - DMX Output switch allowing a fixture to be controlled when turned off

1) Pages - Settings - Patch - Change Pan/Tilt Settings For Selected Fixture

I've had 3 cases now where the fixture patch settings for positioning, invert x and invert y have been reset to 0 or unchecked.

I haven't been able to determine what or when this is happening. For example, yesterday morning, I set all of this information and had the show running perfectly. I shut down Sunlite Suite2, came back 10 mins later, loaded it up and the settings were reset. Re-positioned everything, ran it for a while, shut things down, loaded it back up about an hour later and these setting were again reset. So, I re-positioned everything again, set all of my required inverts, ran the show on and off the rest of the day, shut the program, computer and interface off, took it all to a gig, loaded everything up and everything was still set properly. Then this evening, I loaded up the show and everything was again reset.

I made a save of the show with everything set properly last night just in case. This evening, after finding everything again reset, I imported the show and they are still reset to 0. Not sure what's going on what that.

2) The Fixture Window - It seems that when #1 above happens, it also resets all of my fixture placements for the Master and Fixture Pages to the default positions. (i.e. all fixtures in a single row)

3) DMX Output - At my show last night, I disabled the DMX output to a hazer that was useless because of all the fans at the venue... I had a switch for it that was a part of a scene that I was running. Whenever I ran the scene, with the DMX output turned off for the hazer, it still ran as if the DMX output was on.

Thanks...
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Suite2 Beta 5th September issues

Post by simonB »

Hi

I've had a look at the patch window. It seems that the zoom area % is not saved with the show. We'll fix this in the next beta. Let me know if it solves your problem.

For the fixture positioning, I'm not sure. It could be a bug related to importing and saving shows. I can't reproduce it but I'll keep a look out. If you have a saved show with the fixture positioning reset, send it over and we'll take a look.

For the 3rd point, how did you disable the DMX output for the hazer? I don't understand ' I had a switch for it that was a part of a scene that I was running'.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
cbabbman
Junior Forumor

Post by cbabbman »

For the 3rd point, how did you disable the DMX output for the hazer? I don't understand ' I had a switch for it that was a part of a scene that I was running'.
On the Pages Window, I unchecked the box labeled 'Enable/Disable the DMX output for the page'.

I have a switch that uses easy step to turn the hazer on for 30 secs and then off for 2 mins. This switch was part of a scene that I was running. Even though I had the hazer DMX output for the page unchecked, it allowed the hazer to do it's thing.

With Fixture positioning, it seemed to lose that information at the same time that I lost the Zoom Area information.

I attached the show file that should have had the fixture positioning in place, but didn't when I imported it.

C
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi, I don't see the showfile, did you upload it?

I still don't understand when you say you had a switch as part of a scene. Do you mean a switch as part of a cycle? I'll check with your show
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

I would guess you had a Page for your Hazer and the Switch in your MASTER Page ?
Because then it would do what you describe.
If you turn off DMX for the individual Fixture Page you still send DMX from the Masterpage if you use the Fixture there.

A logic that i guess can bee seen as right (from a page perspective) but also as wrong deppending from what you expect.
Maybe there needs to be another on/off button somewhere for each Fixture/Page that does turn off DMX for that group of Fixtures in general.

Holger
cbabbman
Junior Forumor

Post by cbabbman »

hsteppke wrote:I would guess you had a Page for your Hazer and the Switch in your MASTER Page ?

Holger
you are correct... that's exactly what I had.