Live Control

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

BrianSimons
New Forumor

Live Control

Post by BrianSimons »

I've been a long time Suite 1 user, and I've been working through learning Suite 2. There are some things I love, but find myself frustrated that some other things that used to be so simple must either not be available anymore, or perhaps I am missing something.

I want to create a scene where one of my scanners or moving heads is controlled live by my trackball. I run Suite 2, and Virtual DJ on the same computer. With Suite 1 I'd use midi commands to trigger such a scene, and without switching away from the DJ software on my monitor I can follow spot action on the dance floor in front of me, such as a first dance.

Now it looks like the only way I can use my mouse or trackball to move lights is through the X-Y grid, where I have to actually click and hold the point to move the light. Is this the only way to live control a fixture, or am I missing something? If I'm missing it, please let me know how to do this. I haven't come across any information in the manual.

If this is the only way to live control in Suite 2, please consider adding a feature that works like suite 1 - with instant control with a mouse, trackball or joystick.

Thank you,
Brian
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Live Control

Post by simonB »

Hi Brian

-Make a switch and call it something like 'trackball pan control'
-Add the Dimmer Min/Max property to the pan channels of the appropriate fixtures
-Set the max value you want to reach, then check the min checkbox at the bottom of the fader and set the minimum value
-Close and save the button
-Shift+right click the button and add the dimmer fader. The dimmer works on all channels with the 'dimmer min/max' property assigned
-Shift+right click the switch and select 'link to console->dimmer' and move the trackball. Be sure that it's already assigned to a command in the console window
-Repeat the above steps for the tilt channel
-You can set the 'ATP' (always take priority) and 'This switch is always on'. Properties in the switch settings if necessary

The only suite 1 feature which has not yet been implemented into suite 2 is the MIDI rack. This is why the above process is a little more long winded than the original. We hope to add this very soon.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
BrianSimons
New Forumor

Re: Live Control

Post by BrianSimons »

Thanks, I'll give that a try.