Scanlibrary importing Gobo image

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

Scanlibrary importing Gobo image

Post by blaide »

I'm creatin g a profile for one of our new Moving LED heads and it has gobos that are not included in the gobo pictures of ScanLibrary. I have JPEG files of all the gobos and today was trying to add them to the Scanlibray gobos so that I can make the profile for this head as accurate and as detailed as possible. There is a button called import on the Scanlibrary on the gobo page. I clicked on it and navigated to my desktop where the JPRG images of the Gobos are and selected a gobo and then clicked Import, but nothing happened. How do you import JPEG files?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Scanlibrary importing Gobo image

Post by simonB »

It seems that sometimes there's a problem importing a jpg. Try converting to .bmp with paint
Simon
--
Sales/Support
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

Where are the ScanLibrary gobo files stored, I can't find them? I am about to convert my jpeg gobo files to bmp as you suggested but need to know the size the bmp image should be as my jpeg files are 3072 X 2304 pixels.
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

I found them in Scanlibrary/icon. Under properties, the file type says iconm. I'm assuming the software will convert to whatever it needs when it imports it. I also see the size of the icon files is 24 X 24 pixels. I converted one of my gobo images that was 2000 X 2000 pixels roughly to a bmp file one tenth the size but the import function still didn't do anything when I clicked the file and hit the import button. Perhaps the file size was too large? I will try reducing to the image pixel size of 24 X 24 and then try importing to see if it works with a smaller file.
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

Ok, I resized the JPEG file of one of my lights Gobos. The icon files in the ScanLibrary are 24 X 24 pixels, I couldn't get mine to 24 X 24 but was able to scale them down to 24 X 32 which I assume is close enough. I saved as 2 separate files, one was a JPEG and thew other was a BMP. When to the gobo editor page of ScanLibrary and clicked import, navigated to the folder where I saved the image and first tried the JPED file. Double clicked on it and nothing appeared in the gobo editor window. Tried again by navigating to the file and selecting it and actually clicking "Open" in the dialog box, but still nothing happened. Tried the same 2 procedures with the BMP file and got the same results. Is this a software bug in ScanLibrary or am I doing something wrong?
cbabbman
Junior Forumor

Post by cbabbman »

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm having a similar problem with icon files in general that I'd like to use on my buttons.. possibly, it applies to all icons used int he system including gobos.

Simon, can you give us some specs on exactly what Sunlite needs to see in terms of an icon file so that we can make and use our own?

I've tried several different ways to make an icon file, including just modifying an existing one, with no success. If I copy one and just rename it without doing anything else to it, it shows up and works. If I modify it in any way using any icon software, ms paint, etc, it shows up but will not display at all when selected.

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I'm having a similar problem with icon files in general that I'd like to use on my buttons
To add an icon file to a button:
-click the button
-click settings
-On the 'general' tab, click the small down arrow below the icon
-click the folder in the top right to import an image
Simon
--
Sales/Support