How to set up blackout button

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

How to set up blackout button

Post by blaide »

I'm creating a scanLibrary fixture profile for an RGB moving head very similar to the Martin Mac 101. I have all the channels set and everything runs great except for the white and black circles at the top of the page that turn the beam on (white) or blackout (black). When first tryinmg them they did nothing. If I hold shift button and right click, I get a side window that shows all the channels of the light (Macros, Position, Dimmer, Speed, etc.). If I click on Dimmer (for example), then with the dimmer up to 100% and the color mixing wheel set to white, then when I click the beam (white circle) button, the beam comes on white and those 2 switches for dimmer and beam are activated. But when I turn the dimmer to 0% and then do the same procedure for the blackout button, it saves that setting but also applies it to the beam button. The 2 buttons seem to be linked together. So how do I set them up so that hitting the beam button turns the LEDs up full on white and the blackout button turns them off?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: How to set up blackout button

Post by simonB »

The beam buttons will activate or deactivate the appropriate pre-generated switches according to the profile. If they're activating the wrong switches, this could be because the profile is set up incorrectly. If you want these 2 buttons to do something specific:
1. create a switch to do what you need
2. link this switch to the beam closed or beam open button by right clicking and selecting the new switch
Simon
--
Sales/Support
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Re: How to set up blackout button

Post by blaide »

Thanks Simon, that worked. Just need help on the Greyed out Group Rect now in my LED bar post.