June 2013 Beta Update Bug

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

June 2013 Beta Update Bug

Post by blaide »

Just installed the June 2013 Beta an so far everything works except for a possible bug I found in the Easytime Chase effect. I created a scene according to the video tutorials and in the channel Mixer window I dragged and dropped the Easytime icon on the channels for Pan/Tilt and color and then compressed. I was testing with 4 Moving heads similar to the Chauvet Qspot 260. Well, I dragged the chase effect onto the colors and set it to the first chase and picked the active and inactive colors and set the chase parameter to 1 active color which was blue and set the inactive colors to green. Hit play for the preview and adjusted the speed to 3/4 way full spped so that the chase was nice and fast. Close the edit window and it asks do I want to save, I say yes and then the 3d visualizer plays my scene. The chase was working, but very slow. I hit the edit button and went back into the Chase menu again and again raised the speed and saved, but again it played slow in the 3D visualizer. Did this multiple times starting fromn a fresh scene but always the same result. The sine wave for movement of the heads was fine and retained it's spoeed setting, but the chase for color will not retain it's speed setting.Bug or am I missing something here?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: June 2013 Beta Update Bug

Post by simonB »

Notice that the speed in the chaser effect is called 'Speed Preview' this means that the speed is not saved. The reason for this is that the speed depends on the length of the block. To speed up the effect, make the block shorter.
Simon
--
Sales/Support