use for cycles

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

use for cycles

Post by blaide »

Hi, I'm fairly new to sunlitesuite 2 and have the FC version. I wanted to know what use or purpose to cycles serve? They seem to be the same as a scene or sequence, so what is their practical use? I've gone through the online tutorials and know how to create them, just don't understand how, when or why you would use them vs. a sequence or scene. Thanks in advance and sorry for the question if it seems stupid. I'm stil new to this.
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Re: use for cycles

Post by blaide »

Anyone? Fellow Sunlite Suite2 users, Simon, Admins? I've posted several questions on this forum and haven't received a single answer to any of them. Also see other who posted and never got a reply to their questions.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

A cycle is a combination of scenes and switches stored in a list. Cycles don't actually store any programming, they are simply a Cue list.

Here are a few ways to use them:
-for each song of a live gig
-for each act of a theatre show
-for each sound to light show of a christmas lighting installation
-you could group fast, medium and slow scenes into different cycles and trigger them at different times throughout the night in a disco/club

Sorry for the late reply, I try to check the forums atleast once per week however I've been away visiting customers a lot over the past few months!
Simon
--
Sales/Support
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

Ok, I created a "demo" cycle for each light we are showing at the Expo. You said cycles are basically like cues. That makes sence. The one thing I can't figure out and need help on is how to put all these cycles in order on the master page so that they fire off one by one in sequential order.