My own build Midicontroller (MidiOut problem)

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

My own build Midicontroller (MidiOut problem)

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi all,

As i prommised some pictures of my own custom build midi controller for suite 2:

As you can see, it took me a lot of effort to come this far. everything is up and running accept the midi out controlling the led's
There still something thad isn't right. I know you have posted this in an other topic "thad its up to the manufacturer" for such a thing. but in this case I am the manufacturer.
Example of the problem:
The situation:
If i press a button, my console send the following to Sunlite: chnl 1, command 0, status 9(noteOn), Level 127 ( in midi terms: 90 00 ff )
If i release the button its sends: chnl 1, command 0, status 9(noteOn), Level 0 ( in midi terms: 90 00 00 )
If sunlite send "chnl 1, command 0, status 9(noteOn), Level 127 "( in midi terms: 90 00 ff ) to my console the LED of thad button goes ON
If sunlite send "chnl 1, command 0, status 9(noteOn), Level 0 "( in midi terms: 90 00 00 ) to my console the LED of thad button goes OFF
The problem:
If I link a button called Pars.Full.On to thad console button by activation.
If i press it, Pars go full on, Led of button goes On.
If i release it, Pars go Off, Led goes Off.
Now it works like a flash button, Led reacts like it schould be. Whene you do this with the mouse it works perfect.

But if I link a button called Movinghead.blue to thad button by activation.
If i press it, Movingheads go blue, Led of button goes On.
If i release it, Movingheads go back white, Led goes Off.

But if i would like thad its stayed blue. i have to change the "Midi Command setting" in the console window.
I change: In active level and note on---> ON and Outside active level and note off --> Disable

If i press it, Movingheads go blue, Led of button goes On.
If i release it, Movingheads stay blue , Led goes Off.

The Led schould stayed on until an other color is selected. whene you do this with the mouse it stays also on.
Its not possible to get this kind of logic in the controller. beaceaus i don't know something else as my controller activated's some buttons (mouse, Cycle, keyboard,...)

So midi out should react always as if the "Midi Command setting" are
In active level and note on---> ON and Outside active level and note off --> OFF
And have the option thad thad thad button only can toggle a software button On.

I could programm in my console thad it doesn send an midi command if i release a button but i can't use thad button for flash anymore. Than i have to reprogram my microcontroller everytime. thads maybe the easyest for you just an option to ignore Vilocity 0 and also do not send it back to the console.

I hope you understand my problem

Manny greetings

Gert
Don't dream your life but live your dreams!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: My own build Midicontroller (MidiOut problem)

Post by simonB »

nice photos!
just an option to ignore Vilocity 0 and also do not send it back to the console
this option is already available in the Console setup tab
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

this option is already available in the Console setup tab
Yes i've seen thad. but it does nothing!
Nothing I can see....
It would be perfect if it worked, but it doesn't.
Also I can't use Toggle On/Off function anymore thad way.

Greeting

Gert
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Gert

I've just checked the MIDI in Suite 2. The 'Ignore MIDI velocity 0' seems to work, except that it is ignoring all MIDI velocities below 127 which is a bug. It will be fixed soon.

The Toggle option allows you to flash the button when you click it with the mouse
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Simon,

First big thanks for the quick reply ;-)
I've just checked the MIDI in Suite 2. The 'Ignore MIDI velocity 0' seems to work, except that it is ignoring all MIDI velocities below 127 which is a bug. It will be fixed soon.
Strange by me it does nothing, does it only work whene you send a noteOFF command with midi velocity 0?
because i only send midi noteOn commands, with velocity 127 when pressed, en velocity 0 when released.

The sysntax from midi sais: "a noteOn command with velocity 0 should be treated as a noteOff command" .

Maybe thads why it doesn't works with me.
The Toggle option allows you to flash the button when you click it with the mouse
I think you miss understood me, I mean the toggleOn/Off in the "Midi Command setting"
Like linking it to a black out button, press the midi button, it gets activated, release it stays activated, press it again, button relaeases, release it it stays released.

Greeting

Gert
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Gert,

Wow !! I´m really impressed !
I like to see this thing in live action, please make a video at some point and share if us.

Best
Gernot
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi Gernot,

Sorry for the very late reply...
I'll post some pics and maybe a video as soon it's ready. I'll need to find some time to finish it....

Gert