Sunlite Suite 2 Video Tutorials

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

alexp

Sunlite Suite 2 Video Tutorials

Post by alexp »

Hello. The tutorials here http://www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv are not helpful. Does anyone know if better tutorials exist?
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Sunlite Suite 2 Video Tutorials

Post by RichterMC »

Hello alexp,

welcome to the Nicolaudie Forum.
Tutorials are not helpful ? Please tell us what you are missing or what questions you´ve got.

Best
Gernot
alexp

Post by alexp »

Please answer the following questions:

1) I used Elation CompuLive before and just switched to Sunlite Suite 2. In ComuLive, after creating new scene and selecting OK + Edit, I was able to double-click anywhere on top of sliders to bring up an option to create a circle, which I could then re-size, and position anywhere on the dance floor. When I double click on top of sliders in Sunlite Suite 2, nothing happens. Where do I bring up this option? Is there a tutorial for newbies like me that covers this feature in detail?

2) Is there a tutorial that teaches beginners step by step how to create a 4 or 5 step circle or square with moving heads? The tutorial on your site shows this in a very quick way without explaining anything. I understand that the software has many complicated functions that you wanted to show off, but how can I learn simple functions like how to make the moving heads move between points? In other words, your tutorial is meant more to show capabilities. Are there any video tutorials that cover the capabilities you show in detail?

3) Where can I learn on how to add fixtures to 3D model and how to use it?
MartinT
New Forumor

Post by MartinT »

Hello alexp,
Are the totorials working on your PC? These days I wanted to learn more about the ScanLibrary Editor. I remember the left sided menu appearing when hovered over or clicked on. Now nothing happens anymore. I tried on Firefox and IE on various Win7 64bit notebooks. Anyone an idea what blocks the menues from showing up?

Regards
Martin
MartinT
New Forumor

Post by MartinT »

Hi alexp
I'd like to mention that I found another useful help out there, which might explain things any further. Elation distributes Compu Show which is similar to Suite 2. Their user manual has a lot of explanations in there and also lot of illustrations. Another source might be on Youtube. An American DJ named Arnoldo Offermann do a lot of product reviews and has also some videos about Compu Show. This might be helpful.

Sunlite Suite is extremely powerful, but do require a lot of training.

Regards
Martin
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi
Is there a tutorial for newbies like me that covers this feature in detail?
This is covered in the 'Quick Start' tutorials.
2) Is there a tutorial that teaches beginners step by step how to create a 4 or 5 step circle or square with moving heads?
Again, the 'Quick start' tutorials
3) Where can I learn on how to add fixtures to 3D model and how to use it?
See the Other software->3D visualiser tutorial for basic info. See the 'Magic 3D Easy View' tutorials for more detailed info
Simon
--
Sales/Support