Multimedia Multichannel Avi Containers do not play anymore

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

hsteppke
Super Forumor

Multimedia Multichannel Avi Containers do not play anymore

Post by hsteppke »

Hi, last year Halloween i used Sunlite for my FrontYard and did so this year.
I build a couple of multichannel Audio files using WAVAVIMUX from MS which puts them into an AVI Container (without Video).

I added them as Multimedia (Audio and not Video) to a Button and it perfectly worked well last year (with the versions around at that time ) but doesnt this year.
Unfortunately i found out evening befor :(

I can play the same files using Windows own player and when i activate a related Button i do see the Application doesn`t send Audio in the Windows Mixing Tool.
I remember there has been some work on the Multimedia Part eg for "Multimedia on Button dosn´t work for mp3" could it be that this introduced another "Bug"

Regards
Holger

Here we go with an example file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77699675/laugh-ch3.avi ~3Mb on Channel 3 and https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77699675/crow-ch6.avi ~10Mb for Channel 6
and a file that has something in all 8 https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77699675/8CHID.avi but i did not used more then 6 till now.
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Re: Multimedia Multichannel Avi Containers do not play anymo

Post by dylan »

hi,

when you say it don't work, there is no sound on any output or it's just in stereo ?
------- Dylan --------
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Sorry for not answering for a while (was in the US actualy)

They dont play at all as far as i remember. Like with the 8ch Test file it gives not sound at all but i can however create a few 5.1or 7.1 (6CH/8CH files that have something just in 1+2) and test again.
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Post by dylan »

I test the 8ch with my stereo sound card and it play it.
------- Dylan --------
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Hi,

i use windows 7 64Bit and the actual version and also i did a quick test, just the 8ch wav on an windows 7 32 Bit Laptop.
On the Desktop i tryed the Sound card in Stero Mode and 7.1 so 8Channel mode. Both dont play the files.
However in the open Dialog the window splayer next to them plays them.

I know it definitely worked last year Halloween. Maybe we use different Versions of Sunlite Suite 2 ?
Is there a way to get the older versions ? I´am very inventressted in getting this solved so i would spend some time and install the different Beta Versions and try them.

Regards
Holger

P.S. i just tested 20.Feb Version and i doesnt play as well and that was around the time you fixed the some stuff in the " 16th Feb Official Release".
And when i posted my question around compressed Multimedia and not working mp3 files .. that was End of Sept beginning of Nov 2011 so Versions befor that date would be nice just to confirm if its something with my PCs ?
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Post by dylan »

------- Dylan --------
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I've tested 8CHID witht he latest version and cannot find any proiblems
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Thats strange... for me they dont play :(

Meantime i tested also the older version from above, same behaviour:
Sunlite Suite 2 plays standart mp3`s and wav but as soon as i go for 8CH wav or 8Ch avi (which is what i require) it dosn´t
At the same time all the windows player do play the same files, even the preview player in the file dialog of Sunlite plays it.
Once it goes into the button it dosn´t Play within the Multimedia Dialog nor if the "Button" is selected later.

If you use one of the avi containers does Sunlite show any wavform for you dylan/simon ? and can you use the play button below the window which at least for 2 Channel wav/mp3 show the dialog ?
Also do you now how Sunlite selects the underlying player ? Maybe the one Sunlite is using on my PC`s cant play such files and i need to get this reverted back to the windows default or what ever.

Regards
Holger
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Post by dylan »

Yes it's work perfectly on my computer. I can play wav/mp3 8ch, 6ch or stereo. Sunlite Used directX to play multimedia file.
For avi, there is no wave form available...
Try on an another computer or try to change your audio setting in windows !!!!
------- Dylan --------