Cycles don't function the same in the latest version

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

pcoffee
New Forumor

Cycles don't function the same in the latest version

Post by pcoffee »

I use cycles for almost every thing so this is a big problem for me.
1. Befor the update the cycles would auto pause at the end if I turn off the loop. Now all of the atcivated switches deactivate at the end of the cycle. I can get around this by putting a pause on the last item.
2. The cycles will not cross fade when I change from one cycle to another. I don't know if this is because the previous cycle deactivates the switches or if the newly activated cycles deactivates the switches that are going to be used in that cycle. This is a major problem and keeps me from ever using the current version. This also was a problem in the last beta version.
3. If I deactivate a Cycle with a midi controller it also will deactivates all of the switches that the cycle activated. This was not the case in the previous version. I think this may be related to the other problems listed above.

So wich is the way the cycles where designed to work? I have my system setup and working the way the old verions work.

I am using The Feb 20 2012 version

I would like to update so I can use easy remote.

Thanks
Phillip Coffee
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Cycles don't function the same in the latest version

Post by simonB »

Sorry for the late reply:
1. Befor the update the cycles would auto pause at the end if I turn off the loop. Now all of the atcivated switches deactivate at the end of the cycle. I can get around this by putting a pause on the last item.
We have changed this on purpose because we thought it made more sense to leave the show as it was before the Cycle was activated. Like you say a Cycle can be paused at the end by making the final element a pause element. I will see with the developers if we can add an option to leave the switches when a cycle has been released.
2. The cycles will not cross fade when I change from one cycle to another.
Are you setting a fade time on a Cycle element or using the button fade times?
3. If I deactivate a Cycle with a midi controller it also will deactivates all of the switches that the cycle activated.
That's correct, this is how it should work. I will see if we can put an option on the cycle to work the old way though.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
pcoffee
New Forumor

Post by pcoffee »

Just wanted to say thanks for replaying and answering my question.
I downloaded the new beta version and so far the cycles function correctly with my current show setup. I hope the beta becomes live soon. I will start running it in a live production once it is out of beta.

Thanks
Tronics
New Forumor

Post by Tronics »

Hello,

I use the current Release (2012-12-20), and I test the last beta build (2013-02-12) today. I discoverd this change with cycle... and I'm terrified : all my cycles are broken !
Please, say me in the next release the cycle will work like before ?

I use cycle like a shorcut to activate multiple scene/switch, I have only 20ms cycle, for example I have a cycle activating all "open shutter" on all moving head product, etc. I can't use the "pause" feature because I need the cycle stop after the change (the pause lock the cycle activated). Why I need the cycle stop after change ? An example :
- I press the cycle "Red color" (it's an example)
- 1seconde later, I change only the color of beam moving head, and not other light
- 2 seconde later, I want all light in red : I restart my red color cycle
The color is only an example (for color I prefer switch), it's only for your understand.

I understand your choise, it's better for a cycle to not change switch state. But you need understand that many people (like me) use cycle like a shorcut, and this change broke all cycle. Maybe you should add an option "Preserve state" on each cycle to let the user choose to restore or not switch state after cycle execution (before the next release) ?

For the moment, I restore my previous sunlite backup that work.

Thank you
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this post.

There's now an option in the Cycle properties where you can check if you want the Cycle to pause or not.
Simon
--
Sales/Support