DMX output flashes

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

pcoffee
New Forumor

DMX output flashes

Post by pcoffee »

When I have a scene up that just has standard PARS on dimmer packs the out put will randomly flash or drop out. I am using a STICK as the controller. I don't have problems with it flashing when using ESA Pro or using the STICK in standalone mode. It appears that it is only doing this on the DMX Univers 1 the Usnivers 2 port doesn't seem to be droping out but I haven't confirmed that yet as the device that I am using on it might not show the flash since the drop out is so fast. I am using the latest version of Sunlite Suite 2 and This also happens with the previous version. Do you have any ideals on what could be causeing this? This is on a new HP Elite Book with an i5 processor with 8GB of ram running windows 7 64bit.

Thanks
Phillip Coffee
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: DMX output flashes

Post by simonB »

hmm that's strange.
-Make sure you're using the latest firmware 1.19
-Does it work ok when you test on the test tab of the Hardware Configuration - tools application? (found in the software directory)
-if you make a new show with just 1 scene at 100%, do the lights still drop out?
-how often do they drop out?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
pcoffee
New Forumor

Re: DMX output flashes

Post by pcoffee »

Hello.
It seems to be a USB problem
I tryied it on a desktop computer and it worked fine the little bit that I tested it.
I found another laptop and it work pretty good on it but if I have a USB mouse plugged in I will see a slight flicker.
I do have the current firmware installed.
The lights will drop if it is a new scene with the lights at 100% or any other %. It will flash at randome some time a few seconed apart other time is 30 seconeds apart.
On my oldest laptop the DMX 2 univers will not work at all when using the ESA pro or Sunlight 2.
I do not see the drop out when using the stick by its self. I haven't tried the tool app yet to see if it flashes.
If the problem is just the computer thats fine but I want to know what to look for in a new computer as one of the laptops that I tried was a very nice HP EliteBook with an i5 cpu and 8GB of ram and it had problems. The one laptop that worked was a much cheaper HP probook with an i3 CPU.

I am looking at getting a desktop. I may build one. I am going to put a touch screen monitor on it to controll the software.

Thanks
Phillip