Crashing / Freezing when clicking pages or moving scrollbar

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

zxplod
Junior Forumor

Crashing / Freezing when clicking pages or moving scrollbar

Post by zxplod »

Hi. We are running Sunlite 2, the feb 16th updated version, on Windows 7 professional, and it is crashing constantly. We run our whole venue off this software so PLEASE help us out and advise asap.

Basically, the software and our show loads perfectly. It locks up after we click a few settings though. If we click on a few pages on the lefthand side or move the up and down pages scrollbar too fast then the program completely freezes. You can't click anything within the program and the program never recovers. The only way to get out of it is to go into task manager and close the program then reopen it. It is an endless cycle of crashing. Pretty much unusable.

I have tried all obvious things. Uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Windows updates. Running in compatibility mode as XP, Vista, etc. Running as administrator. Literally everything I can think of. I even tried installing the software on another Windows 7 Professional computer and it does the exact same thing.

In the windows event logs the only thing I see is that there was sunlite 2 crashed and was forced to close. Sometimes if we wait long enough then there is a windows popup that says that "Computerized Lighting Controller Has Stopped Working" and gives the option to close the program.

I would be happy to email you our show so that you can see the issue as well.

We love the older version of the software and are super excited about getting this working. The current issue is greatly effecting our venue so your timely help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

David Ippisch
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Crashing / Freezing when clicking pages or moving scroll

Post by RichterMC »

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.

Sad to here that Suite 2 gives you a hard time, did it work fine with older version of Suite 2 software on the same computer ?

If you have the 16th feb version, please download the installer again from the nicolaudie homepage.
It till says 16th version on the download link, but you will get the 20th version.

Please check if Suite 2 stored any crashlog files in the main directory. This files end in .dmp
There´s another files called "errorlog.txt".
It locks up after we click a few settings though. If we click on a few pages on the lefthand side or move the up and down pages scrollbar too fast then the program completely freezes. You can't click anything within the program and the program never recovers.
Can you reproduce this anytime or is this just now and then ?

- Are you running Windows 7 32Bit or 64Bit ?
- Which USB Interface do you got ?
I would be happy to email you our show so that you can see the issue as well.
Yes, please send us your show.
You can send it to me and I will forward it to Simon and Dylan or you can send it directly to them.
We love the older version of the software and are super excited about getting this working.
So you upgraded for Suite 1 to Suite 2 ?
Are the shows you are using imported Suite 1 shows ?

Best
Gernot
zxplod
Junior Forumor

Post by zxplod »

Hi Gernot,

> In response to downloading the latest version... I just downloaded Suite 2 strait off your site on two other computers. 1 is Windows 7 pro and one is Windows 7 home. Both experience the exact same issue.

****HERE IS A VIDEO I JUST RECORDED OF THE ISSUE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxgKFyrVbvc

> Yes. It is creating .dmp files and there is a Errorlog file. I can email you those.

> Yes we can reproduce this any and every time. It is not an intermittent issue and is very consistent and all computers that I have tried this on.

> The main computer is 64 bit running Windows 7 pro. The second test computers is one 32 bit Windows 7 pro and one 32 bit Windows 7 Home.

> We have the orange Sunlite Suite FC Dongle.

> What email address may I send the files to? I will get them to you asap!

> I do the IT work at our venue and only do lighting things here and there. The lighting director that actually built the show is out of town at the moment so I can't reach him to verify if he created the current show from scratch or if it was imported form Suite 1. I am pretty sure when we switched to Suite 2 then he started from scratch. Not positive though.

Thanks!

-David
zxplod
Junior Forumor

Post by zxplod »

Hi,

One more clue. I just talked to my Lighting Director (he is out of town) and he said that the Oct 29 beta version was working with this exact same show. He said it would lock up occasionally... like once a weekend.... but nothing like it is doing now. Until we get this resolved in the newest release version is there anyway we can get a copy of the Oct 29th beta version?

Thanks,

-David
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi,

I send you a mail with the addresses you can send your files to.
I´ll try to reproduce this here with one of my shows aswell.

Best
Gernot