using multiple MIDI controllers simultaneously?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

TheBadManor
New Forumor

using multiple MIDI controllers simultaneously?

Post by TheBadManor »

Hey,

I'm switching the lighting system at my venue from Compu Live 2006 to Sunlite Suite 2. I'm trying to use 2 MIDI controllers at the same time and for the most part, it works just fine. I auto-mapped my APC 40 and it seems to take up channels 1-10. So for my Midicon board I've got it on channel/page 16 and everything works just fine except for the 7th fader. The 7th fader only works like it's on channel 1 (which is aggravating because it overlaps with my APC40).

ie:
I've got my Midicon on channel 16 and the console live tab also reads page 16. Any of the faders I move on the actual board respond just like they should on the screen.. except for the 7th fader. If you change to channel 15, 14, etc all of the other functions work just fine. But still the 7th fader doesn't respond. If you're on page 12 and click on the settings for it and choose "automap" it changes the values from: [ Status: 11-control change, Command: 7-channel volume, Channel: 12-channel ] to [ Status: 11-control change, Command: 7-channel volume, Channel: 1-channel ]. IT ONLY STAYS ON CHANNEL 1!

I know this isn't a big deal, but it is aggravating to me... any ideas?

thanks
David J.
by DJTBM, on Flickr
Lighting & Special Effects Engineer @ The Bad Manor.
Owner/CEO of Athens Light and Sound.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: using multiple MIDI controllers simultaneously?

Post by simonB »

This is possibly a bug with the MIDIcon firmware. I can forward you on to one of my contacts over at Elation. First fo all open the MIDI test window in the software preferences and move the fader...see what message it throws out.
Simon
--
Sales/Support