Trigger / TabSnyc for Suite2 ?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

derStefan
New Forumor

Trigger / TabSnyc for Suite2 ?

Post by derStefan »

In the old version of SLSuite it is possible to "tabsync" steps manually through the external BPM-Learning-tool by switching the button (or F5) according to the beat of the music.
Assuming that you will include an audio analysis tool in SLSuite2 as well I thought about some nice features:

Is it possible to include the new audiotool directly into the suite-software or at least to dock it into the GUI? So it would not be neccesary to switch between windows any more for triggering...
Furthermore: the F5-Button is nice, but it would be nicer to assign any key I want as well as MIDI-Notes for triggering through a DAW with a real button on my MIDI-Console.

Ok - one more idea/wish:
Would it be possible to get not only the beats per minute?
Besides BPM I would like to have something like a real recorded "beat-loop".
For example: If I only tap on beat 1, 3 and 4, I would like to trigger the steps only on these 3 beat in a cycle to get a visual offset on beat 2. I hope you understand my horrible description. Work hard, work fast and think about my hopes :-)

greets from germany

der_Stefan
no rain - no rainbow.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Trigger / TabSnyc for Suite2 ?

Post by simonB »

We are currently working on the Suite 2 Audio features.
Is it possible to include the new audiotool directly into the suite-software or at least to dock it into the GUI?
Yes, we plan to add a button maybe to the ribbon bar with a custom keyboard/midi shortcut.
If I only tap on beat 1, 3 and 4, I would like to trigger the steps only on these 3 beat in a cycle to get a visual offset on beat 2.
Maybe.

Other plans we have are better beat detection and linking with MIDI Clock so Suite2 can receive the beat from a supported Mixer/DJ software.
derStefan
New Forumor

Re: Trigger / TabSnyc for Suite2 ?

Post by derStefan »

simonB wrote: Maybe.
Other plans we have are better beat detection and linking with MIDI Clock so Suite2 can receive the beat from a supported Mixer/DJ software.
That's nice - everything for it's own.
But very often I don't care about triggering through audio input.
While I'm sitting the whole show in FOH and control the light show, I have the time to trigger it for my own. So I don't need to care about one more cable or an external microfone just for the audio analysis. Audio analysis might be very good and of course useful in stand-alone situations for clubs an so on. But I think my ears are a bit better, independantly from the quality of any analysis...

Think about it - I suppose a lot of people, that do live shows, would like such a feature...

greets from germany

der_Stefan
no rain - no rainbow.