Old Interfaces?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Schadow63
Junior Forumor

Old Interfaces?

Post by Schadow63 »

Will Suite 2 work with older interfaces? I have a SL2048FC+ or SIUDI-5A with the 1.36 firmware and the software doesn't recognize it.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Old Interfaces?

Post by simonB »

Only Suite2 interfaces are compatible with suite2. See the upgrades page.
Schadow63
Junior Forumor

Post by Schadow63 »

Crap!! I spent $1200 on a used one and haven't had it that long. Had I known I would have waited to buy one of the new ones for $1200.
All the features I've been wanting for for years are finally here and I cant use them :-{ And now I have to spend another $700 to upgrade when I could have bought a new one for $1200.
It will be a year before I can afford to do that. grrrrrr
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Do you definitly need the FC+ interface? Do you use more than 4 art-net universes?

Anyway, it will be a year before Suite2 is ready to be used for professional events. It is still in the development stage!
Schadow63
Junior Forumor

Post by Schadow63 »

No, but I do need the FC interface for MIDI time clock. And I'd prefer the full versions of Easy View and Easy Show. I may not need Easy Show with the new time line in cycles but I have to have the MIDI time clock in. A couple of bands I work with are going to start sending me time code soon so I'll need to be able to receive it.
I'll just have to start saving money for a new one. But I've been looking forward to using the new features and wanted to get started using them today. :-) Oh well.