Ethernet Trigger via UDP or TCP?

User based support for the SLESA-U7 - SLESA-UE7 - SUITE2-FC

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, florent, Ben

Swieter

Ethernet Trigger via UDP or TCP?

Post by Swieter »

I'm exploring the SLESA-UE7 for a show control installation as a stand alone DMX playback device. The device would record the scenes from the Lighting Designers console. Once they are recorded in, and named, is it possible to trigger show scenes via the network? Or is this only via the contact closures?

I looked for a manual, and even searched for it, but couldn't find a manual on the hardware's capability. I'd love to glance through that.

Any adapters for mounting to DIN rail in a control panel?

Thank you - Tim
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Ethernet Trigger via UDP or TCP?

Post by simonB »

Hi Tim

Yes you can control with IP commands over a network. We're still working on the documentation for this. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you our working version.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
dageLabi

Post by dageLabi »

Hi,

I have a STICK-KE1, is it possible for me too to trigger scenes via Ethernet ? if so, how ?

Thanks
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi there,

Yes it's possible, here is a link to the data sheet with all the information.

http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/fil ... otocol.pdf

Hope that helps.
Benno
--
Product Support
Woops

Post by Woops »

simonB wrote:Hi Tim

Yes you can control with IP commands over a network. We're still working on the documentation for this. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you our working version.

Hello SIMON

Can you send me a copy of that file also

I sent you an in ox about three weeks ago about it asking this same question.

pm me and ill send you my email address

Kind Regards

Mark B
techone

Post by techone »

Simon,

is there anything further regarding the Control OVER TCP or UDP.

what i am looking for is the protocol, i am hoping to get the hardware to convert TCP or UDP to DMX for an Audio DSP.

sounds weird, but the DSP is capable of sending UDP or TCP data, and is programmed using LUA.

it can do it, just need the protocol.
deejaybaze

Post by deejaybaze »

Bumping this thread.
I have UE7, and trying to fint the operation codes, other than 1,5,6,7. Is 2-3-4 in use? I want to set intensity for a sceene, or possibly a fixture.

/Thomas
meme777

Post by meme777 »

Hello Everyone
I would like to get some more information about udp and tcp triggering. i would like to use it to trigger science through vantage lighting or similar lighting system or vice versa.
thanks
lulu

Post by lulu »

hello what's about triggering ue7 with UDP string over ethernt connexion. can i use the stick udp table provided in this topic?

thanks for your quick reply

Best regards

François GUILLET
Lumières Utiles
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi,

Thank you for your questions. You can find information about the SIUDI-7B (SLESA-UE7) remote protocol triggering here.
https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... otocol.pdf

I recommend testing your hex strings with software such as Packet Sender for Mac and PC.

If you need help, please state exactly what you are trying to trigger and I try my best to answer your question.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
jonblock

Post by jonblock »

Nick,

The protocol document you linked merely describes triggering entire scenes. Do you have a protocol for sending individual device control messages (e.g. set Universe 1, Channel 18 to Level 255)? This would be quite helpful if available.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your question. I am afraid that kind of low level control is not available in the remote protocole if you need access to every channel individually. The controller is designed to work with pre-programmed scenes.

There may be a workaround if there is a specific problem you can describe?

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
devphase

Post by devphase »

Hi all, I thought I'd share some findings after struggling to get UDP control to work.

1. Make sure the firewall on your computer's OS allows port 2430 outbound.
2. Make sure the router's firewall allows port 2430.
3. Several confusing things about the documentation: https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... otocol.pdf
a. All "fields" and "arrays" are just a sequence of values with no special delimiters
b. Not clear what the PageIndex is
4.When using the recommended Packet Sender software application to experiment with control over UDP:
a. If you enter as ASCII values (auto converted to HEX), the delimiter is \
b. HEX values are entered without the 0x prefix. 0x37 is entered as 37
c. Be sure to enter the "OpCode" as a HEX value. Manual states the Value must be 109, but if you enter the hex values as described (0x6D 0x00) the ascii conversion appears as "m\00" without the preceding \, and this actually works. So the beginning of your command you get Siudi_7Bm\00 instead of Siudi_7\109

We didn't have any pages setup so the provided examples which use Page 2 never worked (not to mention the 0x prefixes won't work, and only works if you enter the HEX values and not the ASCII values provided). Here's a working HEX code value to use with Packet Sender, this switches to Scene 4, Page 1

53 69 75 64 69 5f 37 42 6d 00 04 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00

If you just want to change scenes, for reference the scene index is bolded here: 53 69 75 64 69 5f 37 42 6d 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00

Good luck!

Matt Healy
devphase.io
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Matt,

I really appreciate your feedback. I will be updating the DE3 protocol datasheet with some of your suggestions to make it clearer.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
devphase

Post by devphase »

Can anyone provide any further information on what the PageIndex controls?

Also wondering about Scene Color, does this tint the scenes to whatever RGB value is sent?