Hardware increasing DMX Timing

User based support for the SLESA-U7 - SLESA-UE7 - SUITE2-FC

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, florent, Ben

highspec

Hardware increasing DMX Timing

Post by highspec »

Hello,

I'm surely asking something it has already been answered (here or elsewhere), my problem is continuous flickering during fade transitions, that it's probably because the fixtures (decodes / drivers / PCB configuration) does not comply with DMX standards, but I'm willing to try it out anyway: I've noticed that with a higher frequency (140 Hz - with a non DMX console) they are working OK, and understand that 44 Hz it's the maximum frequency allowed by DMX, I've tried lowering the frequency (1 Hz, 15 Hz, 20 Hz, 25 Hz, 27 Hz, 30 Hz...) with the Tools but still no improvement. I'm thinking that maybe through Programming I can achieve this, but I'd like to ask you for advice before continuing with my quest. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on the subject (good ones - I know I should look for DMX compliant fixtures).

Best regards.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Hardware increasing DMX Timing

Post by simonB »

Our controllers will always output 25 unique messages per second, even if the refresh rate is more. It shouldn't be possible to see any flickering at this speed. I'd perhaps contact the driver manufacturer.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
highspec

Re: Hardware increasing DMX Timing

Post by highspec »

Thanks, best regards.