Stand alone loops with more than 1 pages

User based support for the SLESA-U7 - SLESA-UE7 - SUITE2-FC

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, florent, Ben

hefter

Stand alone loops with more than 1 pages

Post by hefter »

Hi!
The new SUIDI 7 FC with network seems to do not loop correctly when more than 1 page is programmed.

initial situation:
2 Areas called "firstarea" and "secondarea"
"firstarea": 4 Scenes called "PARwhite", "PARred", "PARgreen" and "PARglue"
"secondarea": 2 Scenes called "PARyellow" and "PARcyan"

first try: put scenes from "firstarea" to Pages A and B
Page A/01: "PARwhite"; 1 loop; PAGE: A; next scene: 2
Page A/02: "PARred"; 1 loop; PAGE: A; next scene: 1
Page B/01: "PARgreen"; 1 loop; PAGE: B; next scene: 2
Page B/02: "PARblue"; 1 loop; PAGE: B; next scene: 1
After programming the controller and switching to stand alone mode white and red light alternate within 1 second (that ist correct). after switching manually (hardware) to Page B/01 for a short time the green light appears (that is correct too). Within the next second the white and red light start alternate again, as on page A/01 (thats a fault!). on the controller still b01 is shown.
Switching manually to page B/02 shows the blue light for less than 1 second. Again the white and red light start alternate again within the next second , as on page A/01 (thats a fault!). on the controller still b02 is shown.

second try: put scenes from "firstarea" to Pages A and scenes from "secondarea" B
Page A/01 and A/02 as above
Page B/01: "PARyellow"; 1 loop; PAGE: B; next scene: 2
Page B/02: "PARcyan"; 1 loop; PAGE: B; next scene: 1
The effect is similar to the above. Only difference: instead of green and blue the colours yellow and cyan appear for less than 1 second followed by alternating white and yellow.

third try: again put scenes from "firstarea" to Pages A and scenes from "secondarea" B
Page A/02: "PARred"; 1 loop; PAGE: B; next scene: 1
Page B/01: "PARyellow"; 1 loop; PAGE: B; next scene: 2
Page B/02: "PARcyan"; 1 loop; PAGE: A; next scene: 1
At the beginning white (controller shows A/01) then red (controller shows A/02). Ok so far. But instead of switching to yellow as suggested it shows white again, than red and so on. The controller shows A/02 all the time.

The "old" controller without network worked properly.
Maybe a problem of the new firmware from 1.4.2013?

Btw.: In Sunlitesuite 2 from 1.4.2014 the followspot-function is shown grey in the editor all the time. The function is working in the version of December 2012 (and in some betas after December 2012)

greetings
hefter
PS: Sorry for my bad english
greetings
hefter
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Stand alone loops with more than 1 pages

Post by simonB »

Hi Hefter

Thanks for the report. I've reproduced this. We'l try and have it corrected soon.

Regarding the followspot. It never worked properly in the preivous versions, so we decided to completely re-write the code and make something much more powerful without any fixed calibration points. This will be available very soon.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hefter

Re: Stand alone loops with more than 1 pages

Post by hefter »

Hi Again!
I installed the new beta (31.10.2013) and made the firmware-update on the controller with tools.exe.
The I did the same tests as in my first post here. To keep this posting small I do not repeat the initial situation an the settings for the three trys.
I added a new try (forth try).

The results are:

first try: put scenes only from "firstarea" to Pages A and B
After programming the controller and switching to stand alone mode white and red light alternate within 1 second and the controller shows A01 and A02 alternating (that ist correct).
After switching manually (hardware) to Page B/00 white and red light continue alternating within 1 second (I'm not shure that ist ok, but thats not a problem).
After switching manually (hardware) to Page B/01 green and blue light alternate within 1 second and the controller shows b01 and b02 alternating (that ist correct).

second try: put scenes from "firstarea" to Pages and scenes from "secondarea" to Page B
Page A/01 and A/02 works correct, as in the first try.
After switching manually (hardware) to Page B/00 white and red light continue alternating within 1 second. Same as in the first try.
After switching manually (hardware) to Page B/01 green white, yellow and cyan light alternate in a strange rhythm. The controller most of the time shows b01, for some ms b02 can be read.
THIS TRY ISN'T WORKING YET!!!

third try: again put scenes from "firstarea" to Pages A and scenes from "secondarea" to Page B
After programming the controller and switching to stand alone mode white, red and yellow light alternate within 1 second and the controller shows A01 and A02 alternating A01 is shown 1 sec. and A02 is shown 2 sec. (!!!). Cyan is never shown.
Manually swithing to B/01 has no change except the controller shows B01 and b02 (b02 stays for 2 sec.)

NEW: forth try: put scenes only from "firstarea" to Pages A and B
Page A/02: "PARred"; 1 loop; PAGE: B; next scene: 1
Page B/01: "PARgreen"; 1 loop; PAGE: B; next scene: 2
Page B/02: "PARblue"; 1 loop; PAGE: A; next scene: 1
After programming the controller and switching to stand alone mode all 4 colours appear in the correct order for 1 sec. But only 1 time, then light stops at blue. The controller shows the sequence A01 A02 A00 and A00, then it stops.
Manually swithing to b (it starts at b02!!) shows only blue colour and b02. Decreasing to b01 manually shows green and b01, after a second blue and b02, then it stops.

As some other guys already posted: Ethernet isn't working. Ping is possible, but the controller isn't detected within Sunlite-Sute2 Beta (31.10.2013). Even the tools.exe (with Firmware from 21.10.2013) do not recognize the controller. Neither fixed IP nor if an IP is assigned. IP, Subnet-Mask and Gateway were 100% ok when entered in tools.exe.
greetings
hefter