Time clock running slow in Demo Mode

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

robinsymonds

Time clock running slow in Demo Mode

Post by robinsymonds »

Hi Folks,
I'm building several shows for a UK Museum.
• Using ESA Pro. No version no. in the "About" tab.. It says ESA Pro when I click "About tab" but may be ESA2
• On a fast Machine with SSD Windows 10
• I have Default Scene
• 1no other scene
• Other scene has 29 steps showing total time 4min 33 secs.
• This takes 4min 50 to run
Steps Taken.....
• Contact forum and here I am!..I cannot think of what could cause it
Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Robin
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Time clock running slow in Demo Mode

Post by nick »

Hi Robin,

It sounds like you're using ESA2 because you mention steps. ESA Pro works with timelines and not steps. I have had one other report of live playback taking longer on a PC with ESA2 than in should but I have been unable to replicate it so far.

Please download the latest version of ESA2 to see if you can replicate it in this version:
https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... e/ESA2.exe

If it does, please contact me on my email address with the showfile (.dlm) example you mentioned for me to test. I will private message my email address to you.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Robin,

I have had 2 other reports of scene time running slower in ESA2 compared to real time. It seems to be around 15% slower. I am struggling to reproduce this problem using Nicolaudie computers. Are you still having this problem? If so, can you please use CPU-Z to give me information about your system?

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
robinsymonds

Post by robinsymonds »

Hi Nick,
I ended up programming it scene by scene on site, and corrected the times as I went.
I imagine/hope it is still running at the same speed.

I notice that there is still no mention of the bug regarding triggering scenes on the ESA software.
Warning people that they need to use the older version if wanting to trigger more than 3 scenes would be a good idea. I did cost me an awful lot of head scratching and time.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the extra information.

You say that the problem does not happen in the older version. Do you mean Easy Stand Alone - Mar 23 2015 ? (See attached image of About screen)

From your description, I believe the version you are experiencing problems with is Easy Standalone dated 23/10/2017 from this link :
https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... dAlone.exe
The reason I know this is because it has an incorrect splash / about screen showing ESA Pro. Is this correct?

After much testing we have now found a Windows 10 laptop that displays this problem most of the time (it's a temperamental bug) with ESA2. It's in another office, over seas, but we have verified it and have video evidence now. Most computers do not have this problem which is why we are not warning users. It's useful to know that an earlier version of the software also suffers the same problem.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
mar 23 2015.jpg
mar 23 2015.jpg (23.96 KiB) Viewed 9527 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support
robinsymonds

Post by robinsymonds »

Yep it is on this page
https://www.nicolaudie.com/en/esa.htm

And it happened on three separate laptops and two PCs, all running 64 bit Windows 10. We did not find a computer it did not happen on.
AND, as I said, the earlier version on the same web page is OK and worked fine on all the computers we tried it on. So when you say " It's useful to know that an earlier version of the software also suffers the same problem. " that is incorrect.

So it goes.