Project file crash esa

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

elandon

Project file crash esa

Post by elandon »

Hi,

Big problem here, my lots-of-hours-of-work project file won't open anymore. I've been working on it a few days ago, no issue at all, saved and closed the file as usual and now ESA pro crashes if I try to open the file. Other projects open without a problem, but the same project crashes on another computer, so it seems related to the file.

Obviously the only backup I have is quite old, so I wanted to know if there is a way to check the file. Crash always occurs when loading a specific scene, so perhaps remove it from the file? Is there any chance to save my data ?

Thanks for your answer
69morpho
Junior Forumor

Re: Project file crash esa

Post by 69morpho »

I've encounter the same problem and directly contacted the US representatives of Nicolaudie. There is unfortunately no solution. ESA Pro's file structure is unfortunately extremely unstable. The software is easily overwhelmed with too many DMX channels and computation intense effects like fades, etc. And yes, your observation about the problem with an individual scene is correct. I've encountered exactly the same issue. That particular scene then is too intense for the limited power of ESA Pro.

My solution was to save a file under different names every hour or so. If something goes wrong I can always go back an hour and use an older, none-corrupted file.

Good luck! Sorry for only providing a work-around not a true solution...

Erwin