ESA PRO LIGHT BEAM ISSUE

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

jeffheart08

ESA PRO LIGHT BEAM ISSUE

Post by jeffheart08 »

I am using the April 2013 release of ESA Pro. Trying to program Elation Platinum Spot 5R and American DJ Mega Tri Bar (7 Channel mode). When I drag an effect to the timeline (any effect), then try to double click it and open the effect for making my settings, the moving head shutter closes and in the case of the LED Tri Bar, it turns WHITE (all LED's on) and flashes. When I hit the "Light Beam ON" button so that I can see my effects before I hit OK to the changes, it does nothing. THe moving head will no come on until I close the window and return to the timeline. It will accept the changes (both the LED and the moving head), but I can't see them until I return to the timeline. SO basiaclly, I have to keep open and closing the the effect until I get the look I want. Focusing, for example is very time consuming having to do it like that.

A secondary problem..... When I Try to select ALL the amderican DJ Mega Tri Bars, so that I can edit them all together at once, it freezes my software or gives me an error. Selecting them one at a time works fine. Again, very time consuming having to change the colors one by one for 18 of the same fixture.

Please help. Thanks!!!!
Jeff
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: ESA PRO LIGHT BEAM ISSUE

Post by simonB »

Hi Jeff
When I drag an effect to the timeline (any effect), then try to double click it and open the effect for making my settings, the moving head shutter closes...
There's an error in the profile. The default preset on the shutter channel is 'Shutter Closed'
-open scan library
-open the profile
-click the shutter channel
-click the default preset checkbox on the shutter open preset
-close save the profile
-you may need to re-patch the lighting fixture into esapro
...and in the case of the LED Tri Bar, it turns WHITE and flashes
In fact for me, the preview works fine with color mixing effects but doesnt work at all for static effects. I've also found a second bug when making a selection of beams. We'll get this corrected in the next beta.
When I Try to select ALL the amderican DJ Mega Tri Bars, so that I can edit them all together at once, it freezes my software or gives me an error.
I don't see this problem. Check you're using the latest version.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
jeffheart08

Post by jeffheart08 »

Thank You. I will let you know the results I obtain when I get over to the system tonight. Thanks for the reply.
jeffheart08

Post by jeffheart08 »

Thanks SimonB. If I re-patch the fixture after I make the change to it in Scan Library, will I have to reprogram everything for that fixture ?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

With ESAPro I'm afraid so. The software doesn't support updating profiles
Simon
--
Sales/Support