DMX Recorder

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

LightFactor

DMX Recorder

Post by LightFactor »

Hi,
I need to confirm that what I would like to do is possible...

I'm working on a project which will change it's controller and will move to a STICK-KE1.

I have a DMX Sequence already built in a GrandMA Board which include random dimming of 20 LED fixtures. As this sequence is already built and is perfect, I wish not to have to redo it in ESA or ESA Pro but to use the DMX Recorder to record it in my controller.

As of today, I do not have the STICK-KE1 in my hands as the client has just ordered it. Can someone confirm that I will be able to start the Tools.exe program once I'll get my Stick, access the DMX Recorder page and record my "luminous wave" on the SD Card of the STICK ?

If so, what would then be the "plugging" sequence ? GrandMA into Laptop ( ethernet cables ) and Laptop into Stick ( with mini USB ) ? And of course a microSDCard inserted ?

I hope I make myself clear enought to understand what I want to do... If not, please feel free to post any questions...

Just trying to figure everyting before being on the spot !

Thanks,

Alex
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: DMX Recorder

Post by simonB »

Hi Alex

The KE1 doesn't have a DMX input, therefore you'd need a SLESA-UE7 to record the DMX. If it's a simple random dimming scene with 20 fixtures, you may find it's actually quicker just to re-make the scene.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
LightFactor

Re: DMX Recorder

Post by LightFactor »

Thanks Simon,

For the discussion, let's say that I REALLY don't want to re-make the scene...

If I get a SLESA-UE7, I will be able to record the scene from the DMX Input on the SD Card ? Would that recorded scene be exportable to the STICK-KE1 ? Let's say that I copy the scene from the SC Card to the computer, unplug the SLESA-UE7, and plug the STICK-KE1 and drop the scene on the SD Card in the Stick...

Would that work ?

Thanks,

Alex