Fade between scenes not working in Stand-alone mode

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

69morpho
Junior Forumor

Fade between scenes not working in Stand-alone mode

Post by 69morpho »

Dear all,

Fading between scenes works in Live mode but not Stand-alone mode.
Hardware Controller - SLESA-U7
Firmware - 1.19
Software - ESA Pro Beta

I've tried this on different computers, different SLESA-U7 controllers, with different older firmware and ESA Pro versions but the result is always the same - no fade between scenes in standalone mode.
Workarounds with implementing a fade at the end of scene is possible but very cumbersome with complex shows. A lot to fade within scenes also produce unpredictable results when applied to some color mixing, curve and matrix effects.

At this point I have to admit that my company will probably abandon the Easy Stand Alone hard- and software system despite the fact that we've invested a lot of time and money in it. It has severe problems: the user forum is barely active, customer support is practically non-existent and the Windows 8 version is extremely buggy.

Erwin
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Fade between scenes not working in Stand-alone mode

Post by simonB »

Hi Erwin

First of all, our support is not almost none existent. We have telephone and e-mail support for urgent matters. We normally reply within 24 hours which is much faster than most companies. The purpose of this forum is for our customers to help each other and not to expect an immediate reply from us.

Regarding Windows 8, if you choose to upgrade to a brand new operating system with an older software you can expect bugs to begin with. However the latest ESAPro version should work well now.

Regarding the fading problem, I have reproduced this and we will have it fixed next week. For now, you could force a fade time if it is ok to have fading between every scene. To do this:
-connect the U7
-open tools.exe found in the esapro directory
-go to the parameters tab
-click 'force fade time' on the right and enter a fade time
-click the button at the bottom to write the new settings
Simon
--
Sales/Support
ChE

Post by ChE »

Hi,

we have the same problem.

Fade is activated for the fixtures channels ( simple RGB fixture ), it works well online, but does not fade in stand alone mode.

You can not be serious that there is no way to program fades to stand alone scenes.

We have quite a number of these controllers on stock. And this is no extraordinary demand.
Its like getting rid of a new car, cause it is not possible to drive with it!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Update to the latest firmware and be sure the fading checkbox is activated in the software
Simon
--
Sales/Support
ChE

Post by ChE »

we tried it all, it does not work!

did the last firmware update 2 weeks ago with ESA Pro. Is there a new firmware release te last few days?
ChE

Post by ChE »

anything new concerning this problem?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I don't see any problem with fading and the latest software/firmware. Please e-mail me your ESA Pro show
Simon
--
Sales/Support