ESA Pro Calendar

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

doubledge
New Forumor

ESA Pro Calendar

Post by doubledge »

I'm having trouble with the Calendar triggers in ESA Pro. This is an architectural project using a STICK-KE1.

At first I ran into the 40 trigger limit before I got past the middle of the year in programming triggers for holidays and events. It would be helpful if this limit were much higher. To try and overcome this limitation, I replaced some individual triggers with repeating triggers that would, for example, occur every Wednesday over a three month period. This presented a new problem. While a trigger that occurs on a single day will repeat every year on that same day, a trigger that is set to occur over a range of days does not repeat on those same days every year. I'm not sure I understand why this would be different. So no matter what I do I can not achieve what my client wants. Please tell me that I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: ESA Pro Calendar

Post by simonB »

It would be helpful if this limit were much higher
You may be able to increase the amount of triggers by programming a little more efficiently (however it looks like you've done this already). For example, if one scene follows another, use the 'jump to' command instead of adding a second trigger. The limitation is due to the processor inside the STICK-KU1/KE1. The new STICK-DE3 will allow for up to 100 calendar triggers.
a trigger that is set to occur over a range of days does not repeat on those same days every year
They will reoccur every year as the STICK uses a year calendar. For example it is not possible to add a trigger in August 2012 that does not trigger in August 2013. If the software doesn't show this, then this is a graphical bug in the software. I'll have the developers fix it.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
doubledge
New Forumor

Re: ESA Pro Calendar

Post by doubledge »

Simon,

Thanks for the reply.
You may be able to increase the amount of triggers by programming a little more efficiently (however it looks like you've done this already). For example, if one scene follows another, use the 'jump to' command instead of adding a second trigger. The limitation is due to the processor inside the STICK-KU1/KE1. The new STICK-DE3 will allow for up to 100 calendar triggers.
I understand. I figured that it must be some physical limit. If you guys are intending to keep the STICK-KU1/KE1 around, it would be nice to update them with the better processor so we can increase the number of triggers.

I thought about the 'Jump to' feature when weighing my options. Fortunately I was able to avoid using it by using repeating triggers as it would have meant a great deal more programming. I don't have many programs but they need to run many times in various combinations throughout the year.

It would also be helpful if you would consider adding the ability to schedule a trigger on a specific week in the year rather than just a month. Such as scheduling something on Wednesday of week # 22. This would add a nice level of flexibility. For example, there are holidays that occur on a specific day of a specific week each year and therefore not on a specific date. An example would be Memorial Day in the US falls on the last Monday in May each year which can be any of 7 dates (May 25th thru 31st).
They will reoccur every year as the STICK uses a year calendar. For example it is not possible to add a trigger in August 2012 that does not trigger in August 2013. If the software doesn't show this, then this is a graphical bug in the software. I'll have the developers fix it.
The software definitely does not show repeating triggers as it should in subsequent years. See my screen shots below.
Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 10.31.29 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 10.31.29 AM.png (41.55 KiB) Viewed 11964 times
Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 10.32.37 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-06-06 at 10.32.37 AM.png (27.57 KiB) Viewed 11964 times