Fading scenes

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

doubledge
New Forumor

Fading scenes

Post by doubledge »

I am having trouble creating a simple static scene with some LED wash lights that fade in a color from whatever was active beforehand and hold that new color until something else it selected. So if they are in scene 1 (blue) and someone presses another button on the STICK for scene 2 (red) I wand it to fade from blue to red and stay red until another scene is selected. This includes fading up from black if the fixtures are not active yet.

Thanks,
Greg
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Fading scenes

Post by simonB »

Hi Greg

The best way to do this is to put a static block on the timeline with a color and then insert a scene fade time in the top table (where you enter the name of the scene). Don't put any fades on the timeline.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
doubledge
New Forumor

Post by doubledge »

Thanks Simon. That works great. I was getting confused between the fades in the timeline and the scene fade.

Here's another related question. If I use a gradient effect or something similar that fades through a range of colors continuously looping within one scene, when the scene ends it snaps back to the first color. How can I make it fade back to the first color? My workaround is to copy the effect and reverse it putting the two together on the timeline. Maybe there is a better way.

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

set the start and end color to the same color inside the gradient effect
Simon
--
Sales/Support