Connection Test

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

Varsang

Connection Test

Post by Varsang »

I have a SLESA-U8 and am using ESA Pro to program. How can I test to see if the software is connecting with the hardware? I did a test through "Tools for USB-DMX interfaces" and it works. I have RGB lights and the first three channels work on the Tools software. When testing, I see PC on the hardware. Am I supposed to see PC on the hardware while setting up the program?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Connection Test

Post by simonB »

Hi, PC means that the interface is being used by a DMX software program on the computer. ESAPro will also display your interface serial number in the bottom left
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Varsang

Post by Varsang »

I think I figured the problem. See image. I can not work the software through the DMX controller. It only works from Demo mode.

How can I get the software to work in DMX mode? I know that the computer detects the hardware through the "Tools" test.
Attachments
software.jpg
software.jpg (46.41 KiB) Viewed 12606 times
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Firstly, make sure you are using the latest software and firmware and make sure you have your interface connected before you start ESAPro
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Varsang

Post by Varsang »

I updated the firmware and is 1.07. The software shows ESA Pro Dec 13 2010. I connected the usb cables before launching the software. I also tried using a different computer. Both computers have the same problem. I can not choose the USB-DMX interface as the operating mode. Its greyed out.
Varsang

Post by Varsang »

Hey Simon,

It works with Easy Stand Alone (ESA) but not with the pro version. Is there a way to make it work with it?

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Sorry I should have noticed this from your first post. The SLESA-U8 does not support ESAPro!
Simon
--
Sales/Support