why doesn't speed or dimmer function work?

Easy Show, You can now easily build your own multimedia light-show with Time-lines !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

nidocamen
Junior Forumor

why doesn't speed or dimmer function work?

Post by nidocamen »

there is an option in easyshow to 'enable dimmer function' and/or 'enable speed function' for each button or switch.....however, it doesn't seem to draw a fader on the buttons when I 'enable' this feature. any reason why this is? has anyone else figured out how to make this work? it would be very handy to have this since I wouldn't have to make many versions of the same movement button with different speeds.....I could just drop in a few of the same buttons in the timeline and select different speeds via the faders.....that would be IDEAL!!!!

Thanks,

--Joe

Phoenix, AZ

Post by Guest »

Well, you must activate the function from the "Infos" toolbar but also activate the curves directly from the time lines. To do that, click on the "Expand mode" button, located on the right side of the name of the time lines. The button is represented by a small black triangle. Then 2 modes can be visualized, DIMMER or SPEED.
Top button enables the DIMMER curve (green) and the other one enables the SPEED curve (blue). Now you can modify the curves by moving and/or adding points. Click on the curve to add a new point, and drop the point out of the time line to cut it.

Hope this is clear.
nidocamen
Junior Forumor

ok, got that...one more question...switches in easyshow

Post by nidocamen »

ok, so in my shows I need to use a lot of switches. problem is, in easy show......switches seem to 'auto-release' after the playback 'cursor' moves past them. that would create a lot of visual problems for my shows. is it possible that a switch will not turn itself 'off' after its time is done in easyshow? I notice that scenes do not 'auto-release'......but switches do. I really would need switches to do the same as scenes, otherwise easy show will not work for me at all.......and I have finally figured out most of the features of your software and I think it's great.....but I need this one little thing to work and then it is PERFECT!!! Thanks!
nidocamen
Junior Forumor

ok......sorta figured it out

Post by nidocamen »

I see that this sort of works if you overlap switches on different switch lines on the same fixture......it will 'jump' to the new switch and auto-release the other one......but it would still be great if they didn't auto-release on end........would save me a lot of time and extra switch lines to be honest. my shows will be 45 mins long and potentially have thousands of movements and changes......and I need a lot of flexibility in the time line editor. thanks.....please let me know what can be done :)

Post by Guest »

The software is made like that, you must setup the duration of a switch within a time line. However, we could add a new feature allowing to never release a switch. We will propably create this feature for the next release. Thank you for this idea.