Video in Easy Show

Easy Show, You can now easily build your own multimedia light-show with Time-lines !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

strings41

Video in Easy Show

Post by strings41 »

I want to be able to put a video on our overhead prjector in Easy Show. I have my Audio on the time line, My scenes on the timeline, but when I add video the player monitor and put the player on my second monitor, I still see the controls at the bottom. I want it where it is fullscreen. When I hit the fullscreen button, It makes it full screen on my computer monitor, not the projector where I put it.

I can't get video to play on it yet, but I can get images. I am going to figure out what i am doing wrong on that first, but I do need to know how to make it full screen.

Jeffrey
Robby

Post by Robby »

Sometimes when you add a video projector to your computer, your computer will operate with a primary and a secondary monitor.

Usually, the primary monitor is the one you already have and the secondary will be the projector.

Easy Show Full Screen mode is intended to be used in the primary monitor.

Then, to fix this you need to swap primary and secondary monitors. Depending on the video card in your computer, this can typically be done in the following way:

1. right-click on your DESKTOP to bring up the DISPLAY PROPERTIES window, and go to the SETTINGS tab.

2. right-click on the monitor in the window and select PROPERTIES. This should open another window with different tabs. Look for a tab that says DISPLAYS, or something like that.

3. In there, you should be able to change the assignment of the primary and secondary monitors.

Let me know if this helps or not... talk to you soon.
strings41

Post by strings41 »

The only problem with that is: If my projector is my primary, then all of my Windows Apps will show up on the Projector and not the computer monitor for me to work with. If I want to start a show. Everyone watching will watch me pull my mouse to Start/Programs/Sunlite/Easyshow. And then they will watch me hit play and anything else I do on the desktop.
Robby

Post by Robby »

I tested this on my computer's 2 monitors... here's what you can do:

1. Before the show, switch your primary and secondary monitors. Also, unlock the taskbar and drag it from one to the other. Also, select all your desktop icons and drag them to the other monitor.

2. You should have an empty projector screen, which will be your primary, and a secondary computer monitor with all your applications and task bars.

3. Now, people watching the monitor will ONLY see the video/pictures that you select when you go to full screen. They no longer need to watch you click PLAY because you will do that from the secondary monitor.

The trick is to do this when you're setting up, before you start the show. It will take less than 5 minutes, I promise.

Let me know if this works... talk to you soon...