Easyshow crashing at random when loading between shows??

Easy Show, You can now easily build your own multimedia light-show with Time-lines !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Chriskirk101a

Easyshow crashing at random when loading between shows??

Post by Chriskirk101a »

Hi, I've transfered all my data from my laptop using windows 7, to a new all in one touchscreen pc using windows 10. I've loaded to and from different shows using the sunlite 2 software linked to call up my easy show files during my live performances, but again just last night infront of a crowd of 100 people it crashed several times which is very embarrassingto say the least. Next year we have a gig infront of 500 or more and I'm worried that this is just going to crash on me again at random?
I've changed the hard drive to a SSD (solid state hard drive) and I've got 4Gb ram installed, I also using it for video screen projections too. It plays fine once loaded, but when selecting a new show via the sunlite suite it's like playing Russian Roulette to know if this is going to crash the Easy show program again?
Is there an update coming out soon or is this just a problem I'm going to have to live with using this software forever?
Any help would be greatful?!
Thanks
Superbaloo8
Experienced Forumor

Re: Easyshow crashing at random when loading between shows??

Post by Superbaloo8 »

Hi Chris,

Which version of Sunlite are you using ? Latest release, latest beta ?
Sunlite Suite 2
  • Interface Economy Class
  • Akai APC mini, Akai APC 40 mkII & Elation Midicon
LightJockey
  • @MixLightEvent (31) France
  • @Podium La Peña 31 (31) France
Spb8 Lighting - Sunlite Suite 2 Services
Forum Français Sunlite Suite
Chriskirk101a

Post by Chriskirk101a »

Hi, thanks for getting back.
Im using the current full version from 2015. I also tried it with the beta but had the same problem?!

If it was just one of the programmes/shows I've created that crashed I could at least narrow it down to that and worse case re do a new show. But it seems to be happening at random, sometimes it'll work on one show then load it up again the next time and Easyshow completely disappears and I have to reload it back up and send the video over to the projector all mid show.

Also, Should it make any difference if a show is still playing and before it finishes a new show is called up, or should the previous show always be stopped before calling the next one up?
Again I find it works most of time regardless if the previous show is still playing, but the crashing happens sometimes even when the show has stopped, and then try loading the next show....?
Thanks
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to hear about your experience of Sunlite Suite 2 crashing.

At the moment, Sunlite Suite 2 is only receiving bug fixes and not new features so, I would actually recommend the beta over the official version as the most stable.

I will send you an email directly to provide you support.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support