Music not playing in Easyshow

Easy Show, You can now easily build your own multimedia light-show with Time-lines !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Daxmon

Music not playing in Easyshow

Post by Daxmon »

Hello Everyone,

i'm new to Sunlite Suite 2 and Easyshow, but i've taken a crash-course on it, so i can start programming my first lightshow.
However, I'm already facing a problem in easyshow, where I want to program a timeline based lightshow
It seems that some of my mp3 files are not loading correctly onto the time line, in stead of the full length of a song, I only get a 1 second long part.
I can enlarge this piece onto the timeline, so that the complete waveform becomes visible, but I can't play the song, the timeline moves over the wave form, but no sound is heard.
WIth some other songs it works as it should, the full waveform appears after importing a song, and the playback works as it should.
All the mp3 files have the same bitrate (320 Kbit), no VBR is being used.
Does anyone have suggestions for me on how to solve this problem ?

thx

Patrick
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Music not playing in Easyshow

Post by Ben »

Hi Patrick,

Sorry to hear you're having problems, please could you send me over the mp3 and I will run some tests?

Cheers
Benno
--
Product Support
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for sending the music file over, we conducted some tests with your file and had the same problem with the sounds not playing.

Unfortunately Easyshow does have issues with certain mp3s, a work around would be to download a converter and and convert the files to Wav. I have converted and tested your music file as a wav and it works okay in Easyshow.

Here is a link to a free music file converter.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacit ... =directory

Hope this helps
Benno
--
Product Support
Daxmon

Post by Daxmon »

I've found that solution by myself also.
Is there any chance that a future version of easyshow will be able to play all mp3-files ?

grtz

Patrick
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi Patrick,

Yes this is a feature we will be looking to implement in the future.
Benno
--
Product Support