Wi-fi not working...

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Ola

Wi-fi not working...

Post by Ola »

Hi all the PROs out there!

Im just about done with my new kitchen and all the leds in it... But... There is some kind of error when i try to connect to the KE1 via wi-fi. I conected the KE1 to my Apple time-capsule and hoped for grait succes.. But no.
Some times Lightpad finds one Stick 1 and one stick 3. Norhing happens when i tur to use them.
Sometimes is shows a stick that i guess is mine with an IP number below it, when i open that one it is "frozen".
As the software only works for PC *grumpy grump* i got to loan a laptop witch i no longer have left so i cant check firmeware or edit the programing anymore... But i guess the problem is in the time-capsule? Any tips and tricks there?
Attachments
IMG_4363.PNG
IMG_4363.PNG (34.83 KiB) Viewed 7152 times
IMG_4365.PNG
IMG_4365.PNG (226.92 KiB) Viewed 7152 times
IMG_4364.PNG
IMG_4364.PNG (49.98 KiB) Viewed 7152 times
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Wi-fi not working...

Post by nick »

Hi Ola,

I am sorry to hear about the problem with Lightpad.

I can see in the 2nd (middle) image that Lightpad did successfully detect your Stick-KE1. So it seems the problem is intermittent. It sometimes works, but sometimes not.

The two sticks you see in the third / bottom image below are demo Sticks which only show when Lightpad can not find any on your network. You can drag these images down to refresh the page.

Something to make sure is that no other software is connected to the Stick-KE1 at the time you are trying to connect with Lightpad. Our devices can only be connected to one piece of software at a time. So, for example, if you have ESA2 or ESA Pro open on your laptop, Lightpad will not be able to connect. Having other apps open, such as Easy Remote, may also cause problems.

I am unsure about the freezing problem. You may want to try rebooting your router to see if the problem is caused by this. I would also check that the Stick-KE1 is running the latest firmware.

# Update Device Firmware
1) Plug in your device via USB cable.
2) Open HardwareManager.
3) Select your DMX device.
4) Go to the Firmware screen (see attached image)
5) Check if you are running the latest Firmware. If not, please try to update your device.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
HardwareManager Firmware.png
HardwareManager Firmware.png (56.75 KiB) Viewed 7146 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support
Dawsfactor
New Forumor

Re: Wi-fi not working...

Post by Dawsfactor »

may also want to check your firewall settings on your router so that it allows traffic to the IP address of the Stick. i know that this response is a little late, so i assume you've fixed the issue. but if not. hope it helps :)