MicroSD card questions for Stick KE-1

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

kh97925

MicroSD card questions for Stick KE-1

Post by kh97925 »

I have a relatively new (installed within the past year) Stick-KE1 and I think the memory card is corrupt.
I can write to it with ESA PRO, I can read from it with ESA PRO, I can run the scenes through it with ESA PRO.
But if I disconnect the mini-USB cable and try to run standalone, all the LEDs on the stick blink, then the scene buttons blink sequentially.

I want to get a new nicroSD card, are all microSD cards compatible (meaning microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC)?
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: MicroSD card questions for Stick KE-1

Post by Ben »

All the cards should be compatible, we have tested upto 64GB which would be much bigger than you would actually need.
But if I disconnect the mini-USB cable and try to run standalone, all the LEDs on the stick blink, then the scene buttons blink sequentially.
Before you purchase a new SD card can I get you to test the KE1 with a different power supply when using in Stand Alone to see if that solves the problem?

Hope that helps.
Benno
--
Product Support
kh97925

Post by kh97925 »

I don't have another power supply to test with.
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

It does sound like a power supply problem and that the device can't boot up properly. If you can try and find a alternative 5-10V DC 300mA power supply and test it with your device this would help.
Benno
--
Product Support
kh97925

Post by kh97925 »

I have the controller back at the office now.
I couldn't get it to read any memory card in standalone mode, and when using the hardware manager
it won't write to either the 16GB or the extra 4GB card I bought yesterday.
I metered the power supply output at the site and I was getting 6VDC from it.
I picked up a small universal power supply but it's a wall-wart version so I wouldn't
be able to substitute it at the job site.

I've set the clock, longitude, and latitude for the stick but every time I write a show to it
the timestamp is 1/1/2010, is that normal?
peteknobloch
Junior Forumor

Post by peteknobloch »

Wasn't there a recent change to the firmware for support of SD cards greater than 2gig? I know nothing about the KE-1 but thought I would just put this out. I also had issues with my DMX timing parameters and had to change the values then do a save function that was somewhat obscure due to how it popped up and its labeling. And I could only do this over the USB connection.
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

I picked up a small universal power supply but it's a wall-wart version so I wouldn't be able to substitute it at the job site.
Just to understand clearly, when you power the STICK with the new power supply do you still have the problem with the scene buttons still blink sequentially?
I've set the clock, longitude, and latitude for the stick but every time I write a show to it the timestamp is 1/1/2010, is that normal?
The device should be storing the previously set date settings even after being reset. Please can I check what version of the HM you are using and what firmware?
Here is a link to the latest HM : http://www.dmxsoft.com/global/ftp/HardwareManager.exe

If you could also PM me your serial number that would be great.
Benno
--
Product Support