Installation Instructions

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Savage

Installation Instructions

Post by Savage »

I have been visiting this board for about 14 months and everyone on here has been very helpful piecing together how the various parts of the STICK controller are put together to create the product my customers require.

I have to say, for a product I consider to be ahead of the game in terms of function, quality and price, the installation instructions either included or online, are probably the most non-existent or useless I have ever come across. To date the only help has been this board and a lot of patience and trial and error.

The spec sheets and instructions which do come with the product and online, merely hint at the possibility of being able to complete various tasks; such as networking the stick controllers together via a router so that when you press a button on one, the other reciprocates / sync's. After many hours of hair pulling last night I finally got this to work. That is not before for some reason both controllers on the network somehow erased the software on the controllers for some strange reason. A simple page of step by step instructions (with a case study) I could have had it done in 5 minutes and would have had a happy wife as I would have been home before 4am this morning.

Could the administrators please get together and come up with some proper instructions on various tasks. Just a couple of issues that I have experienced and therefore want to save anyone else the headache of going through are:

1: Take off references to the STICK controller going to music - Unless you read deeper or call Nicolaudie directly this is only for the STICK KU-1 which I can't find anywhere in the world. Plus the fact that the interface was updated and the touch panel now requires more juice so thats why they removed it so no one wants the KU1 anyway. (Not an installation point but a very aggravating one none the less).

2: How to address the controllers over ethernet so they do not conflict (This board was helpful doing this). More importantly, if you have even a hint of a firewall, ESA Pro will NOT read your controllers over ethernet. (That took 5 hours to work out).

3: When you are working on a program through ESA Pro, via ethernet, a spec sheet I read says you can sync them together: and thats about it. Please go into detail on how you do this, again a case study is good as this takes a lot of trial and error - but when it works its amazing!

4: On the STICK design center, love the functionality, can't find a single reference to what paper to use to print out, nor the size, nor how to install properly in the frame, nor if you take the circuit board out, be careful of the switches and battery backup on the back as they are not designed for constant manipulation. Paperwise, a customer of mine did their own and now it is stuck to the board and the board is covered in glue. Obviously the wrong paper so what is the right paper?

Thats all I can think of at the moment - which were just a few things I was cursing about this morning. As I said above, the product, ESA Pro, Website and the functionality of this product is unrivaled. I have used many of these now and they have been absolutely outstanding. ESA Pro itself is an incredible tool and I use all the time.

Because of these projects I now know how to use most of these functions, please can you get together and come up with an easy to find, readable installation instructions for this product. I would love to use the other products you have in the range too, however I do not have the time to spend using trial and error to get the final product my customers require.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Installation Instructions

Post by simonB »

1: Take off references to the STICK controller going to music
This should only be listed under the KU1 datasheet and manual. Is it mentioned somewhere else?
2: How to address the controllers over ethernet so they do not conflict
This is automatic. As long as DHCP is enabled which it is by default on all routers, there is nothing to do. If you want to set it up manually you can find the info at the bottom of this page:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... Sb9Aj6.htm
3: When you are working on a program through ESA Pro, via ethernet, a spec sheet I read says you can sync them together: and thats about it
http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... Sb9Aj6.htm
4: On the STICK design center, love the functionality, can't find a single reference to what paper to use to print out, nor the size, nor how to install properly in the frame
If you would like to install it yourself, flick the 5 plastic tabs, pull the PCB out, remove the picture and add the new one. The generated file is 10x15CM at 300dpi. Standard photo paper works fine.
Simon
--
Sales/Support