Lights flashing in a circular fashion

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

QuasarSL
New Forumor

Lights flashing in a circular fashion

Post by QuasarSL »

Hi,
I have a problem with the Stik KU1 s/n 4378 with ethernet option installed. Firmware I think was at 1.19 but some time a go I updated to the latest ESA Pro and I am not sure if that included a firmware update. Due to the problem I am unable to check this.

Any way all has been working well for some time.
But on this ocasion with the normal Blue power/standby light on. When I went to turn it on the touch panel was unresponsive to touch at all. It had been ok the previous night.
Powering off waiting, then turning the power on started all the leds blinking on in a circle one at a time continously without stopping. I had to turn the power off again to stop this. This happened a few times. So I left it a while. Then when I turned it back on it did the normal thing of stopping with leds on Page, Dimmer and mode. Normaly if you press one of the scene pads the lights come on. But again un-responsive to touch. Turning of and on we were back with the same problem spinning led indicators. Eventually when the leds were in the normal position again. I tried my IPhone and was able to change scenes and the ceiling lights were working but once I had used my phone to set the unit to standby. I was unable to switch things on at all.
I tried to connect with the laptop but it seems unable to connect.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

regards
Keith
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Lights flashing in a circular fashion

Post by simonB »

Hi Keith

This sounds like a power issue. Try to power over USB from the computer, do you have the same problem? If not, the power supply will need changing.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
QuasarSL
New Forumor

Re: Lights flashing in a circular fashion

Post by QuasarSL »

Hi,

Re: STICK KU1 with Ethernet Acess. Firmware 1.19. ESA PRO Dec 16 2013.
Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Sorry, it has taken a few dates to try your instructions.

Conecting to the computer by USB.

When connected by USB initialy the number pad leds flash on, one at a time, in an anti-clockwise direction. They then go out and the page select letter A, the dimmer led and the dimmer arc central green led is left on.

This I think is the normal position when the power is removed and re-applied.

However the panel does not respond to touch on any of the pad positions.

Running the Hardware configuration utility shows everything as usual.
I am able to run ESA PRO and with the power to the Led drivers on. I am able to control as normal.

I am also able to control via ethernet.

It just seems that that it is un-responsive to touch..

Thank You

Keith