Stick - KE1 Developer Kit

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

diegogd

Stick - KE1 Developer Kit

Post by diegogd »

Hello,

I've browsing throught all the website and also I've been searching in google looking for the Developer Kit for the Stick KE1, but I haven't found nothing.

In the online documentation http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... te-gy7.htm says that this developer kit would be available at 2010.

I've been also trying to communicate through common protocols as ArtNet, but it seems that it doesn't support this protocol.

Could someone give me some information, about the Developer Kit or the protocol that is using?.

I would like to connect to the Stick through network connections as you can do it with ESA Pro.

Thanks a lot!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Stick - KE1 Developer Kit

Post by simonB »

The STICK-KE1 should work ok with the latest developer kit from the website. The developer kit and STICK are not artnet compatible. If it's still not working with the latest version, send me an e-mail and I'll pass it on to the developers.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
diegogd

Post by diegogd »

Thanks SimonB for your answer,

Under the development kit section there is only de Siudi developer kit. Is it usefull for the Stick KE1.

I'm been trying to use it, but as far as I know it is only valid for direct usb connection. I would like to access the device through the network.

Could you give a clue about how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

The developer kit is only compatible with USB at the moment
Simon
--
Sales/Support
diegogd

Post by diegogd »

It would be great to have the procotocol specification. I have been trying to develop an UDP driver to connect to the Stick, and I'm able to send some commands to change the values of the DMX Universe, but only when ESA PRO has stablish the communication.

I can't find out how the first negotiation or handshake is done.

We have the stick in an office, and currently the scene configurations is not enought to control the independency of our lights. We want to build an aapplication to turn on and off the light of every work station. I'm developing a small program in node.js for communicating with the stick, if I would have the full communication specification I could fullfill our requirements.

Thank you very much.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I've attached our UDP protocol for controlling the STICK-KE1 in standalone. However we've not released a protocol for controlling live over ethernet.
Attachments
STICK-KE1 and KU1 Remote Protocol.pdf
(91.79 KiB) Downloaded 899 times
Simon
--
Sales/Support
diegogd

Post by diegogd »

Thank you SimonB

But I've been working already with this specification and it's not enought.

We have 16 indenpendent workstation with their own light, just for managing this I would need 65536 states, currenly there is a limit of 200 scenes.

So I planned to use the stick just for controlling the main areas and the connection through the workstations with a custom implementation to control the lights independtly.

I would appreciate any kind of information: draft documents, partial source code or whatever. Even if you need to use my work in any way just tell me.

Winter is comming and we'll need to use our lights soon ;)

Thanks in advance