DMX output Randomly Flashes

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

pcoffee
New Forumor

DMX output Randomly Flashes

Post by pcoffee »

I am using Sunlight 2 and the Stick. Randomly the DMX output will flicker. It happen randomly some times a few hours in-between and other time a few minutes.

My LED fixtures are the one that show up the problem since the flash is so fast the older style lights on dimmers are not effected. Since its so fast I can't see if all the DMX channels flash or just a few. I have this same problem when using an older laptop but the problem is 100% worse. My main desktop is a i5 quad core cpu with plenty of ram. I have connected it both usb and with Ethernet using the beta software.

This may sound like a small problem but for me it a major problem. I never now when my led lights are going to drop out and seconded our main room lighting is triggered by DMX and when the out put flashes it cause them to go off. Do to how they work they don't come back on unless I tell them to.

Would I be better off using the SUITE2-FC. I bought the stick for standalone purposes but wound up not needing to us it in standalone. I really need to get this fix. We just added 13 led stage lights and I am afraid to use them.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: DMX output Randomly Flashes

Post by simonB »

Hi, a few tests to make:

-Try with the new Suite 2 beta which will be available today or tomorrow
-Try to update the firmware. Open tools.exe found in the Sunlite Suite 2 directory, go to the firmware tab and update the firmware
-Try to update the DMX timings. Open tools.exe, go to the DMX Timing tab, click 'Fast with good compliant DMX', click store and reset
-Try with the faders with the tools software, do you have the same problem?
-Try in stand alone, do you have the same problem?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
pcoffee
New Forumor

Post by pcoffee »

I have the firmware updated with the current beta release. I loaded the tools.exe and couldn't find a DMX timings tab. I look through all tabs and couldn't find anything about DMX timings. I have only noticed the problem with sunlite 2. I haven't had the time to try the faders while in tools or use it in standalone yet. Since it is so random I could spend two hours just waiting for it to flicker and never see it happen and think it working. I now this one is a hard one to trouble shoot. I am a computer tech so I know all about annoying issues that are hard to trouble shoot and fix. The stick also has trouble being recognized by the computer with the usb cable. I have to plug and unplug the usb cable a few time before it will show up correctly. It keeps showing up as unrecognized device and some times it show the device in device manager but says their is a problem. I have change the connection to Ethernet for this reason. I have tried different usb ports with no hubs in between. I am powering the stick with external power and not the usb power. I have tried it with both usb power and external power and get the same results.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

there was a delay with the new version, it will be available later today
Simon
--
Sales/Support
pcoffee
New Forumor

Post by pcoffee »

Will the new version come with a new firmware and have a the DMX timing tab in the tools application?

Thanks
Phillip
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Yes, we have added DMX timings to the STICK1 in the new version
Simon
--
Sales/Support