SunSet and Sunrise

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

ferrod68
Junior Forumor

SunSet and Sunrise

Post by ferrod68 »

Dear all. I have one question and I think that you can open my eyes.
I would like to use one Stick_KU1 (Firmware 1.19) with the options Sunset and/or sunrise, but it doesn't work. In the trigger option the sunset option is selected but it doesn't work.
Can I use this trigger option with the Stick_KU1? In the manual I don't find any information.

Best regards
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: SunSet and Sunrise

Post by simonB »

This should work with the KU1. Open the tools application and go to the Date/Time tab. Check that the correct location and clock information has been entered.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
ferrod68
Junior Forumor

Post by ferrod68 »

Dear Simon.
I'm using the ESA PRO and I can't select location. I can select the SunSet and transfert to the Stick, but when I read again the programs in the Esa Pro appears one problem (Bat argument)

Best regards
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Make sure the correct location is stored inside to STICK. To do this, open tools.exe and go to date/time. After this, try with the latest beta version of ESAPro available from the website
Simon
--
Sales/Support
ferrod68
Junior Forumor

Post by ferrod68 »

Could the sunlite 2 was used? All the scenes have been created with it.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I've just tested with Suite 2 and again I see no problem with triggering at sunset
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Quique

Post by Quique »

In regard with this subject. I agree with ferrod68, Sunset and Sunrise options don't work when programmed with Suite 2.

*Scenario:
-HW: Sitck KU1(Fw 1.19) working in stand alone mode.
-SW: Suite 2 used for programming the scenes and define the Stick buttons.
Tools.exe used to set the time/date and location and checked ok.

*Procedure followed to program the Stick was:
- Define and test Scenes. (Working ok)
- Use Stand Alone Editor option to program the buttons of the Stick with the proper scenes. (Checked and working ok)
- Use Calendar to select scenes trigger time everyday at Sunset.
- Save the interface memory. (Checked that the Stick saves and keeps the programming ok)
- Disconect the Stick and let it go stand alone with no computer control at all.

*Problem detected and tests done to check the problem:
- Scenes DON'T TRIGGER at the programmed Sunset time and date.
- Ckecked if programming is right in the Stick and it is.
- Checked (with Tools.exe) if time, date and location are still ok in the Stick. (They are).
- Check if it works with an Appointed Time instead of Sunset Time (We set the appointed time exactly the same that the suggested for Sunset). IT WORKS perfectly this way at the time/date pointed.
- Check the exactly same procedure with another different Stick KU1 and everything runs the very same way. (Bad with Sunset, good with appointed time)

- At this point with are at a dead end and we need any support to solve the problem. Our customer is very very upset. They can work with appointed times but they need not to be perodically watching and reprograming the Sunset time. Mainly because specifications say that this can be done authomatically.

Please, any thoughts in this issue?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I sent you an e-mail this morning.

For me, the sunrise/sunset triggers are working, however Sunlite Suite 2 displays the wrong Sunrise/Sunset time in the calendar window and also displays a crash report when sometimes writing to stand alone (crash report problem corrected in the latest version due next week). Check your coordinates in google, and try with this sunrise/sunset time. If there's still a problem, please try with ESA or ESA Pro and let me know if this is working.
Simon
--
Sales/Support