Stick Remote doesn't work

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

trj

Stick Remote doesn't work

Post by trj »

I have a Stick which is connected to my home network and seems to connect fine to the network. It shows up on the remote (iphone and ipad) however I can't control it from the remote. When I make changes to the actual Stick wall interface it shows the changes on the remote without any problem. Just doesn't seem to communicate from the remote to the Stick. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

Thanks in advance!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Stick Remote doesn't work

Post by simonB »

It could be that your router is blocking incoming messages from the iPad. Make sure that your router is not blocking UDP messages on port 2430. You will need to consult the routers documentation on how to do this.

Also try the STICK remote app for windows, mac or linux with a computer hard wired to the router. This will help determine if it is a problem with the wireless.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
trj

Post by trj »

Thanks simonB,

I have connected the stick directed to the 2 different computers as well as connected it to my wired network. The same thing happens as before. Also, when I try to use the Ethernet connection to connect to it with ESA Pro I get the error message "A Problem occured when connecting with your interface SN: 6358".

No Idea what this means but if any additional ideas please let me know!!

Thanks again!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

This definitely sounds like a router issue. Try swapping the router over and if you still have a problem, drop me a mail and I will arrange an RMA
Simon
--
Sales/Support