nicolaudie & chamsys

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

vasko89

nicolaudie & chamsys

Post by vasko89 »

Hi there!
Chamsys is offering that his MagicQ softwares can work with a nicolaudie interfaces
Is it true?If it is,did some special drivers are needed for establishing comunication betwen the interface and the software?
Thank you in advance
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: nicolaudie & chamsys

Post by simonB »

Hi

Our SIUDI drivers are offered as open source so anybody can develop their software to be compatible with our hardware (SIUDI boxes are the SLESA, Suite1 and Suite 2 range). Our STICK hardware won't work with Chamsys.

Out of interest, why would you want to use a Nicolaudie interface with the Chamsys software?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
brightsparks
Junior Forumor

Post by brightsparks »

I know I'm late on this, but I have had very good sucess with using Champsys on my IP1 devices,
Switched them to ART net MODE and had control of 3 universes over a wirless network.
The preference to use Chamsys came down to my lighting programmer, who was well trained using the Chamsys software.
My choice for nicolaudie is the Standalone features. Which to my understanding Chamsys dont have unless there is a computer left to run the show.
bigdarkspot

Post by bigdarkspot »

I discovered by accident that the original STICK (KU1?) does work with chamsys. I habitually started chamsys instead of esa pro when I was getting ready to do some programming on our STICK. My copy of chamsys is setup to use an old SLESA interface i had lying around, and when chamsys started, all my fixtures homed... I played around with it and it worked flawlessly.

I don't know if the newer STICKs work in the same way.