more than one STICK at the same time

User based support for the Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

KVARZ

more than one STICK at the same time

Post by KVARZ »

I would like to install 5-6 STICKs (one for each room) together whith a ZERO 88 12 channel dimmer in my house, but the STICK has a DMX output only (no input or passthru).
How can I connect the divices with each other?
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: more than one STICK at the same time

Post by bruno.falip »

It is not possible to link the STICK together for the moment, this will be possible when the ethernet feature will be ready anyway (scheduled for this summer).
KVARZ

Re: more than one STICK at the same time

Post by KVARZ »

Thank you very much for the answer Bruno.falip!

I am a little bit wondering about the interface-philosophie of the STICK.
Primery the STICK is a DMX (!) wall controller for some architecture applications, secondly you surely want to increase the SALES of that beauty-like product.
But now we can neither link the STICKs via DMX nor (when we switch to ethernet) we can use the DMX Hardware without probably much to komplex ethernet-to- DMX interfaces (software or hardware based).

The absolutely killer application for the STICK as I can see (some million devices /year) could only be the sector "Home automation" with 5-20 devices per application but definitely not theatre or music events (just 1 devise per application only !).

So if I may to do some advises.... please here are they:

1. A DMX master/slave functionality for example instead of a second DMX channel (1024 cannels are something for very big partys and big mixing-desks:-)
2. Very simple ethernet configuration without lots of additional hard- or software (it could be a technical disaster)
3. When you work together with some manufacturers of dimmer-systems like ZERO88 (this is one of the best on the market) you can realy create a very smart and user friendly ligthing only system for home automation (the boom is coming in!).
4. A better technical description, please! I have a engineering degree in electronics but the whole 2 pages (!) of description are ether for realy professionals, very young hackers or Junkies!
5. And the last one : the price should be much lower. Imagine you as a private person are looking for 15 wall-controllers...

Besides my congratulation to that product, respect for the engineering team and all the best for the future!

Andreas Baumgaertner from Berlin