easy view 2006

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

gian-carlo

easy view 2006

Post by gian-carlo »

first of all i found some problems with correspondig mesures
i hade a chance to test live with the exact mesures of hight depth and with and i found out that its not perfect!
the second thing is why when i patch fixtures after a while i find some folders in the obgects ?
then how can i rename my folder in obgect window?
and why if i do new folders in fixtuers like parcan after i find them without my folders but all together?
then another problem is coemar cf7 harde edge 21 channels the prism chanell is not write i have to edited it!
another problem is drums set number 1 2 i mean the big set its not visible even if i change meseures, the monitor is not correct in mesures ,the pa systems are small and usualy there are 8 pa systems in one cluster not 6
why do we have only single par and not a complete 6 bar parcan and a 4 acl parcan there are no blinders .
why the reflection on the back of any type of obect is visible also in the front !i mean if you got a spot on your back usualy and normaly you dont se the face !
exscuse me not all but some of the problems i have noticed but i am an owner and when i work i would like to see what really happens and not what is suposed to happen !
then also the frost function is to much frosted cause we loose a lot of light it seems that a wash is looking like a par 36!
and why cant i change only the patch of a fixture mantainig the old positions! and not costricted to re do every thing from the begening!

thanks and hopping you could fix some of these problems!
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Post by Poldi »

First of all, i've got a strange problem in easy view 2006:
the button 'object settings' on the left side doesn't work for me. left click, right click - nothing. i guess it could be a useful button (for importing preset objects maybe, and adjusting objects on stage, didn't find it anywhere), so if anyone could tell me, that this is kind of a known problem or give some good advise, i'd feel better.
I also like the idea of the guy above, giving full parbars and aclsets as presets in easy view, that would make life much easier.

Greetings,
Jan

Post by Guest »

What is this "Objects settings" button you are talking about ?

If you are talking about the objects settings controls (position of the object or fixture)...make sure that the layers are not locked. Every fixture/object belongs to a layer, if this layer is locked you can not modify any contained items.
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Post by Poldi »

Sorry to be unprecise.
But i think we're talking about the same 'object settings' button. it's on the left hand site of the easy view interface, below the view selection buttons, above the '2d view properties'. it doesn't bring up any menu here.
I understand what you are saying, but: i have to be blind, i don't see any 'layer' options at all. So i'm not able to check any layers, and am not able to unlock them. i spent a long time searching, it seems my easy view interface is 'layerless'... Am i missing something basic? or any chance, it's because my usb-dmx device is at work, so it's not plugged into my computer right now; does this somehow limit the function of your whole 'layers' thing? it's stated on your site some things won't work without the usb-dmx thingy, but does that involve such a basic feature?
looking forward to your answer, guess i will look like an idiot on this one :)
nevermind.
greetings, jan

Post by Guest »

Well, I think I understand...this button allows to display or not the objects settings window in the screen. When the screen is splitted (2d views). This window is displayed by default in the upper-right section of the screen. But you could display it in another section. This is the matter of this button.
Regarding the layers, there is a "Layers" tab in the "Objects settings" window". The Layers feature is not available in basic mode (demo, Sunlite Economy Class or Easy Stand Alone).
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Post by Poldi »

Thanks, problem solved.
It works with the USBDMX-Interface connected.

patch PAR Bars

Post by Guest »

HI,

Can anyone tell me how to patch PAR Bars like this:

24 PARS (4x6) on 12 channels (1 -12)

I can help me out with this matrix thing...
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Post by Poldi »

Create a new page with ScanLibrary Wizard.
Don't fill in how many Parlights you use, fill in how much DMX-Channels you are going to use.
Now you have patched 12 DMX Lines, which is all you wanted so far - in Easy View they appear as 12 Pars. Let's double them.
Open Easy View.
Open the Patch manager (using add fixture button)
Right-Click on the very last of your patched PARS. Choose duplicate. Duplicate it 12 times (since you want to make 24 out of 12).
Now simply drag and drop those new 12 PARs. Add 1 to each of the first 12 DMX Channels.

Should work now.
This process isn't perfect and could use a bit of simplyfing. The disfunction of the Duplicate-Function - if the DMX-Line after your selected one is reserved - is a bit annoying - maybe the guys at sunlite can work out a way to improve things.
My biggest worry is: Sure, it all is fine, as long you got 24 PAR-Lights, but if i imagine a big, big production, i don't like the idea of dragging and dropping dozens of new PAR-Cans, and am verly likely to make mistakes. Anything to speed up and simplify the process of adding complex conventional lightning setups to easy view would be appreciated. Very much :)

Greetings,
Jan

Post by Guest »

thanks, but what is the "new page in Scanlibrary wizard an so on..."?
Im using magic an easy view 2006 ...
Poldi
Junior Forumor

Post by Poldi »

Sorry, you mean 'what do you mean?' like 'i don't get any of the stuff you said!' or do you have a specific problem? it would be helpful knowing what exactly your problem is.
Greetings, Jan

Post by Guest »

Ok I'm trying:

- I'm opening Easy View 2006
- The I going to add fixtures
- I choose Generic PAR 64
- Then I choose 12 PARS
- and now? How to to it in a way that the other 12 come in and that I can patch PAR 24 to channel 1 together with PAR 1 as example?

Greetings,

Post by Guest »

Sorry, kind of my mistake.
I thought you patched those pars in sunlite software already. fine, we'll do it your way.
in this case just select as many parcan as you actually got on stage - you got 24 cans, patch 24 cans. now they should be patched from channel 1-24. you see channel 1-24 turned blue in patch manager, each assigned to a par light.
now simply drag and drop each of those cans from channel 2 onwards to channel one. with your mouse, just like you drag and drop files in windows or whatever.
as soon as you assigned more then 1 can to channel 1 it should have a somewhat purple shape on it. do that with all your cans - ready. now, when you switch on dmx channel 1 in sunlite all your par 64 spots will light up...
will they?
hopefully.
greetings,
jan
truss(t)_me

back to first topic(s)

Post by truss(t)_me »

Hello to the software developers & forum moderators,
surely it wasn´t that easy for me to get all the points gian-carlo wrote in his article; but I think I showed a couple of points where improvements might be helpful.
So it looks a bit sad that he didn´t get a replay to the questions he asked.

For example:
what´s about bars wit 4 or 6 PARs ?
what´s about 4lite ACLs ?

I agree with problems of reflextions / beams / ...
When I define thin walls in a stage setup and set transparency to the right hand ( = no transparency), the beams still come through the bottom.
As well appears that the front of an object lights up, when I´ve got a beam from the back.

How does this work ?

Best wishes,
Matthias

Post by Guest »

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

For example:
what´s about bars wit 4 or 6 PARs ?
what´s about 4lite ACLs ?

What about bars with 8-10-15-24-64 PARs...do you understand what I mean ? Insert 1 Par, then duplicate it...

Then regarding the beams, we could stop it...but it requires too much computer power and make the application very slow.