Creating Fixture Profile Issue

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

Ariajazz

Creating Fixture Profile Issue

Post by Ariajazz »

Hi to all.

I'm creating a profile for a par led fixture with Scan Library Editor. Fixture DMX channel specifications are:

Channel 1: Dimmer

Channel 2: Red

Channel 3: Green

Channel 4: Blue

Channel 5: White

Channel 6: Function choose as follows. (0-50 Strobeflash & light dimmer; 51-100 jump change; 101-150 gradients change; 151-200 pulse change; 201-255 voice change).

Channel 7: Speed for all the functions in channel 6.

Channel 8: Nothing (although the fixture states is 8 channel.

Ok, Here comes the issue. Channel 1 to 5, no problem and done but for channels 6 and 7 I have not found a way to configure the profile and make it work properly. I've tried many diferent combinations of effect types such as shutter, manual, auto, free, preset, etc and cannot make it work right on 3D easy View as the fixture works in real.

I'm pretty new to lighting and Scan Library Editor so I know that I'm doing it the wrong way. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Creating Fixture Profile Issue

Post by nick »

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

Channels 6 and 7 are for special functions of the light. While Easy View 3D can simulate common light features such as color, gobo wheels, strobe, pan, tilt etc, there are too many possible special functions in-built into the many tens of thousands of lights available for our software to simulate.

I recommend using the free (scanlibrary editor v1) or undef (scanlib v2) channels and presets for these channels. Pick the most appropriate icons for your needs. While the Easy View 3D won't be able to simulate these functions, at least they will be easy to control in the software when connected to the lights.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
Ariajazz

Re: Creating Fixture Profile Issue

Post by Ariajazz »

Thank you so much for replying. I actually read the message while ago but I know wonder if there is any affect type and fuction within Scan Library Editor that can simulate a random color change and its speed for a PAR LED fixture that can be interpreted and shown by 3D Easy View? That is mainly what channels 6 and 7 do in my fixture.

Thanks in advanced.