Unable to see all beams of my multibeam fixture

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

pperpot
Junior Forumor

Unable to see all beams of my multibeam fixture

Post by pperpot »

Dear support team,

I've got several FunstripActiveDMX blinders configured in mode 4 (10 dimmer channels, one for each beam).
In Easyview, I don't see each beam separatly.
What do I need to modify in Scanlibrary in order to see all my beams separatly ? (I want to control each beam meaning that if I switch on beam 1, i want to only see beam 1 - beams 2 to 10 remains off ; if I switch on beams 1 to 5, i want to only see beams 1 to 5 - beams 6 to 10 remains off).
For the moment, if I swich on a beam, the whole fixture switch on in Easyview.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Best regards,
Olivier
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Unable to see all beams of my multibeam fixture

Post by Ben »

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately Easy View doesn't support multi-beam, however we planning to integrate this into future releases.

A work around would be to patch separate RGB fixtures for each beam in Easy Views patch window.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Ben
Benno
--
Product Support
pperpot
Junior Forumor

Post by pperpot »

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your response. I'm going to try this...

Best regards,
Olivier
rom44

Post by rom44 »

Sorry to post 1 year later, but is the multi beam option will be implemented soon in easy view 3D? I have 4 Power lighting spider led and it would be great to use it !
Thanks
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi,

Thank you for your message. Currently our Easy View software does not support multi-beams, but Easy View 2 will very soon. We are in the process of a major update to Easy View 2 to improve performance. Once this update is released, the next release after this should include multi-beam support. Easy View 2 will work with ESA2 and our sister brand Daslight 4.

Until then I recommend using the above the work-around by patching multiple RGB or RGBW fixtures, depending on what your light uses. I understand that this work-around is not perfect. For example, if the multi-head light contains an overall dimmer channel, you can patch a single channel fixture to control this, but 1) the RGB fixtures in the software will not show the dimming effect and 2) you'll have another fixture showing which does not exist in reality. It would be best not to use a channel like this at all, but to dim all of the RGB channels instead, if you want a true representation.

Please look out for updates on this forum about new releases of Easy View 2.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
rom44

Post by rom44 »

Thanks for this complete answer.
HarryBilney

Post by HarryBilney »

I still can only see one beam from a multi beam fixture