Single dimmable color par that isn't white

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

kittmaster

Single dimmable color par that isn't white

Post by kittmaster »

I'm using easy view with freestyler and I'm using individual color pars in a borderlight configuration, so there are 20 pars, 4 of each color red, blue, green, yellow. There are par cans in the library but they don't render the way I would expect. I need to build a par that is single channel per color (hardware being control by a four channel dimmer pack American DJ DP-415, one color on each channel on each on the pack) that can control the intensity and be able to dim the color. The way the pars are in the library, the intensity is set 0-127 and the color of the par is 128 to 255.

So when I adjust the intensity level, the color never dims......and when it crosses into white/intensity, then it dims the par in visualizer.....so its very non useful for simulation of the par color over the range of intensity.

I'm trying to find a way to have the color source be the color of the parcan and use the dimmer to bring the color intensity from 0-255, how can I make this happen? I can't seem to figure it out.

Is it possible to select what the source color value of each par is and just have an intensity dimmer attached to it instead of white?

Can anyone help me?
Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Single dimmable color par that isn't white

Post by simonB »

Hi

You can select a color within EasyView. This can be set by going into construction mode and clicking the fixtures tab. More info here:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... Js2LoL.htm
Simon
--
Sales/Support
kittmaster

Post by kittmaster »

I was looking there at the very beginning, but the option to change the color and other options on that page in construction mode are completely greyed out. No way to change, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I'm not sure why these options would be grayed out. Be sure that you're using a fixture with a 'beam' and not a 'panel' object. These can be changed in the scan library editor.
Simon
--
Sales/Support