the front of the fixture

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

the front of the fixture

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I am sure that this has been asked but I could not find a topic on it.

When adding fixtures to your stage, how can you tell which side is the front? Which way do i face the fixture in easyview to face them front?

Thanks
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: the front of the fixture

Post by simonB »

a quick way to tell which is the front is to press 1 on the numpad. This resets the camera to the front position.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Perhaps I should have been more specific. When I say the front I mean the front of the fixture itself. Most fixtures are labeled with an arrow pointing the way it needs to me placed, which is the front of the fixture. After selecting a group of about 30 led pars then using the positioning feature i make them into a rectangle which then needs to be altered a bit more to emulate the stage which is a horseshoe shape. Because of the shape of the stage and how i am setting it up some i have 4 movers that are in a square formation but are facing the center of the stage. think of a square, each corner is a fixture facing the center of the square. now lets say i have another stage where the positioning is the same but 3 of the fixtures are facing one way and the fourth is facing 180 degrees opposite. 3 are facing front but the 4th needs to be physically turned so the fixture is facing the other 3 fixtures. afterwards i then adjust the pan and tilt and either leave them or invert them. I hope i explained it better!

Thanks guys!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

The only way I can think of is to click the fixture and look at the value in the Y rotation field
Simon
--
Sales/Support