No dmx input

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

phonatic

No dmx input

Post by phonatic »

I recently bought Easy View 3D (including the interface). I installed this on a Windows 7 computer, but unfortunately it's not showing any light or light beams.
I have quite some experience with the older version.
I use a Showtec Light Desk Pro, linked to a rgb led spot and linked further to the interface. I checked and replaced the cables I use.

The software runs in Full mode, dmx enabled. The screen in which you can choose demo/usb/ethernet shows the usb interface option as default.
I can bind the dmx-universes to the interface. I can add fixtures. The dmx-level window is also not showing any dmx activity.

On the interface the folowing leds are active:
On the dmx-output side there's the green led is blinking fast when Easy View 3d is running, steady green if the software has stopped.
The yellow led is continuous on. The red led is blinking fast.
On the dmx-input side there's the red led blinking fast if dmx activity is present. If I disconnect the dmx cable the red led is either continuous on or continuous off.

I allready reinstalled the software and drivers, unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.

The version of Easy View 3d is: Dec 13 2010
The interface I use has a serial nr: 153489 and firmware version 107 (Retrieved using TUSBDMX.exe)
The interface is visible in the system device manager as: Intelligent Usb Dmx Interface (SIUDI8C, 32/64bits)
Details about the installed driver: 21-10-2010, version 1.2.7.0 (Das)

In the list of installed software I find:

Magic 3D EasyView
Developper kit for USB interfaces
Driver Das (Siudi) USB (02/13/2009 1.5.1)
Driver Das (Siudi-Stick) USB (10/27/2009 1.2.0)

How can I get the software working?

With kind regards,

Jack Baltus
Last edited by phonatic on Tue May 10, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phonatic

Re: No dmx input

Post by phonatic »

I keep on trying to get the software running. It is important for me to get it running soon!

So here's more information on what I tried today:

I tried to access the interface using the sdk and Delphi.

IN THE FORM CREATE METHOD:

interface_open := DasUSBCommand(DHC_INIT, 0, nil);
interface_open := DasUSBCommand(DHC_OPEN, 0, nil);
if interface_open > 0
then v := DasUSBCommand(DHC_DMXOUTOFF, 0, nil)
else
begin
showmessage ('Erreur : Ne trouve pas l''interface "Intelligent USB DMX"');
application.terminate;
exit;
end;
for i := 0 to 511
do dmx_level := Char(0);
// v := DasUSBCommand(DHC_DMXENABLE, 0, nil); // switch dmx1 to input (This is the DMX output connector???)
v := DasUSBCommand(DHC_DMX2ENABLE, 0, nil); // switch dmx2 to input (This is the DMX input connector???)

IN THE TIMER METHOD:

if interface_open > 0 then
begin
for i := 0 to 512
do dmx_level := Char(0);
Memo1.Lines.Clear;
v := DasUSBCommand(DHC_DMX2IN, 512, dmx_level);
Memo1.Lines.Add('Num read: '+IntToStr(v));
for n := 0 to 14 do
begin
Memo1.Lines.Add(IntToStr(n)+':'+IntToStr(ord(dmx_level[n])));
end;
end;

RESULT:

Everything returns success status.
The DMX2IN command returns 0 (No data present???)
The data array contains four zero's and some other data after the call, but nothing reflecting the dmx values that are fed to the interface

Please help me to solve this problem,

With kind regards,

Jack Baltus
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Jack

If MEV doesn't work, don't try creating your own application, that's like building your own car if the one you bought won't start!

You never mentioned if MEV actually detects your interface or not. When you start it, do you select "Start in demo mode" or "start with the usb-dmx interface"?

Open tools.exe located in the MEV directory or windows start menu, is your interface detected here? Are you using the latest firmware?
Also try swapping the DMX in and out universes around in tools.exe, it could be that your interface is thinking the DMX output socket is a DMX in.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
phonatic

Post by phonatic »

Hi Simon,

Tools.exe did not install with Easy View 3d nor with the SDK. I installed Sunlite Suite 2 and found tools.exe.
I tried several things you mentioned.
I found that the firmware was the latest version. It seems it makes no sense to upload the same firmware.... but I just gave it a try.
This solved my problem.

Thanks for your advise!!!!

With kind regards,

Jack
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Jack

Sometimes it is possible to have the same firmware number but with different release dates. For this reason we are now including the release date in all future firmware updates. I will look intowhy tools.exe is not included with the magic 3D easy view installation..it should be.
Simon
--
Sales/Support