Import DXF

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, dylan, RichterMC, florent, Ben

dag55

Import DXF

Post by dag55 »

I have tried importing scenes made in SketchUp and exported as DXF or 3ds format, but it does not work. All scenes I have tried with says: "Cannot import this file" Is there something to take notice of when creating scenes or objects for import to Easy Wiew?
//Dagge
Marc
Experienced Forumor

Post by Marc »

We can't import all DXF objects in the 3D (They must be built only with facets, not with lines or other primitives), but it should work better with 3DS objects.

If it doesn't work when you save your object as a 3DS file from Sketchup, try to save your object as a DXF file and use a freeware to convert this file in an X file (DirectX format). Specialied softwares can convert these files better than the 3D.
thanks for playing...
dag55

Post by dag55 »

Ok...any tips about converter soft?
martrix

directx converter

Post by martrix »

Hi, I am also searching for a convert tool from skechup to directx.
I have tested 5 tools by now, but nothing was working.
Can somebody help me?
Marc
Experienced Forumor

Post by Marc »

Hello,

We already tried to import objects from Sketchup and it worked.
You have to save your object as a 3DS file (But you have to set
some options to be compatible with our converter, unselect all in
the 3DS objects properties). Then import it in the 3D...

If you want to use another converter, you can try with "3D Objects Converter".

The problem is that conversion of 3D files is not as easy as conversion of pictures files...
You HAVE TO set different options that depends of how your object is built and most of the time, default parameters doesn't work if you want to convert an object into DirectX format...
thanks for playing...
easy_gtr
New Forumor

import dxf

Post by easy_gtr »

hi there
i download the latest beta vertion and i can import 3ds . first i build it at sketchup and after i import it at 3dstudiomax9 . u have to fix it a little bit at 3dmax (modyfie - shell) and then i import it on sl2006. i hope i helped
peace
ROCK N' ROLL