Fixture Profile Problem, Preset Icons Missing When Opened

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Fixture Profile Problem, Preset Icons Missing When Opened

Post by stonehedge »

Hi,

I created my first profile very carefully. It works perfectly too when i open it in sunlite using the create new page. But there seems to be a small problem. The page in the sunlite software showing my fixtures is missing some of my preset icons. My prism channel has 3 presets which ive created. Prism (which puts the prism into the beam), Prism Rotate (which rotates the prism fast to slow), and Prism Rotate (roates anticlockwise slow to fast). Ive created 3 presets to match this. But the 3rd preset always doesnt show in the page buttons. If i create 4 presets then the 4th one is missing.

I open the profile and check and all the 4 presets are still in there. But when they get imported on a fresh page in Sunlite, the 4th icon or preset doesnt show on the button.

Ive tried different button sizes, layouts etc. No use. The gobo button shows all the gobos even though it has 8 presets, so its not a space issue.

Can someone help me please, its very urgent.

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Fixture Profile Problem, Preset Icons Missing When Opene

Post by simonB »

It seems to be working fine for me here..please e-mail me your profile and show and I'll check.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Re: Fixture Profile Problem, Preset Icons Missing When Opene

Post by stonehedge »

Dear Simon,

Here are some problems im facing with the profile creation. The names i give to presets and to the main channels. They keep changing. Id liek to name them so i can conveniently remember what they do. The scan library shows them correctly as ive renamed them. But when they come into Sunlite Suite, its havoc. The presets have only 3 alphabets the rest never shows. The channel names which ive named in Capitals have all turned to lower case and half the letters missing. FOCUS is displaying as focs. Channel 1 which is the Dimmer channel which has strobing after a certain value just doesnt strobe at all in the 3d visualizer. None of the gobos rotate. Then now its showing as Focus_focus on my switch preset in Sunlite. Gobo is showing as Gob. But again open it in Scanlibrary and the fixture shows proper values and names there. WTH there seem to be problems every 5 minutes i can just keep on repeating myself with new issues. Im beginning to lose confidence how this software will control my lights. Or maybe because im from across the globe i got a raw deal.

The version im using is Scanlibrary 2006 (9-Nov-2007).

The main software is Sunlite Suite 2006 (24 Dec 2007). Easy View shows as ver 9-Nov-2007.

Can you tell me why this is so buggy ? Ive never seen such a troublesome software in my entire life. Im professionally trained in 3ds max, photoshop, avid nonlinear editing and an avid actionscript programmer for hi-end animated websites. What im trying to imply is that i work with complicated menus day in and day out but ive never seen something so haphazard.

I can send you the profile but what show can i send you ? I cant even get the profile to correctly appear inside the fresh new show ive opened on your software. So there is no show file to send.

Regards