Sunlite Suite and DMX refresh rate

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, dylan, RichterMC, florent

cool

Sunlite Suite and DMX refresh rate

Post by cool »

Is there any way to manually setup DMX output refresh rate with Sunlite Suite with SL512BC?
I created my own software with your drivers and dll, and when I put slower refresh rate everything works fine, but with original software it does not...
(classic DMX bugs, not smooth moving head movement, blinking etc)
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Sunlite Suite and DMX refresh rate

Post by simonB »

Hi

This is not possible with older interfaces. It is possible to change the refresh rate of the Suite2-BC and EC interfaces.

I am surprised this works with your app because the SL512BC sends at 25fps regardless at what rate is programmed in the software

I would contact your lighting manufacturer and get a refund because your lights are not coherent to the standard DMX protocol if they do not work at 25fps.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
cool

Post by cool »

simonB wrote:Hi
I am surprised this works with your app because the SL512BC sends at 25fps regardless at what rate is programmed in the software
Oh.. thank you... my app does work, but it still sends last memorized channels... even when I'm not sending them...
However I did test it with high refresh rate and I did have classic "bad cable" problems.
I tried on longer cables etc my app, but not as many fixuters...
simonB wrote:Hi
I would contact your lighting manufacturer and get a refund because your lights are not coherent to the standard DMX protocol if they do not work at 25fps.
It does not work here like that :P
And I have 3 pin xlr with my sunlite, it is not standard DMX protocol... Can I ask for refund? :)
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

3pin XLR is fine for DMX protocol, pins 4 and 5 of a 5 pin connectoer are not used. We could have fitted a 5 pin connector if you had asked for one at time of purchase.

Yes you can ask for a refund to your fixture manufacturer and yes it does work like this everywhere. If a company says it is a DMX device then it should work at 25 fps which is the standard DMX refresh rate.
Simon
--
Sales/Support